Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy and bleeding  (Read 1049 times)

Tizzy

Vaginal atrophy and bleeding
« on: October 28, 2022, 01:24:23 PM »

Hi vaginal atrophy has caused me problems with spotting and little bleeds ongoing problem. Have been to Gynae Clinic will be having a few procedures done under anaesthetic, so trying to loose weight will have another meeting with my Consultant and battle plan will be drawn early January.
Ladies if any of you have a similar problem would you mind sharing how this slight bleeding effects your daily life.
Thanks in advance

Flossieteacake

Re: Vaginal atrophy and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 01:49:23 PM »

Hello Tizzy and welcome to the forum. Is the bleeding caused by the skin being sore and chapped? Could you tell us what your regime is for the VA too? It may help members with advising you.

Tizzy

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 02:28:11 PM »

Tbh at times confusion reigns!
Have had this problem for at least 8-10 years.
Have merina a coil, no problem there, was seen by a Doctor at a clinic was prescribed Vagirux, hoped this was the magic cure nope the pesky spotting and slight bleeds are still with me.  Saw Gynae a month ago, going to do more tests under anaesthetic thankfully just to check all is well. Asked to stop taking Vagirux I have so next appointment January.
 Just as the pandemic hit a previous a consultant who prescribed the coil and all tests. Inthought I was out of the woods but nope still had  little occasional bleeds.  Contacted the Consultant who got back to me  she had looked at my case with other Doctors and concluded that I could manage the slight bleeds at home.  Fine, great happy with  that.  2 years later was prescribed blood thinners by Hospital, commented to the GP I was still having little  bleeds,  she went nuts here I am like a salmon swimming against the river back at Gynae. :-\
Bleeding caused by skin rubbing and tearing, being heavy doesn't help but working on that ;D
Just wondered if anyone had similar problem with bleeds.
Thanks for reading  :-*
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 02:30:46 PM by Tizzy »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 03:37:17 PM »

Tbh at times confusion reigns!
Have had this problem for at least 8-10 years.
Have merina a coil, no problem there, was seen by a Doctor at a clinic was prescribed Vagirux, hoped this was the magic cure nope the pesky spotting and slight bleeds are still with me.  Saw Gynae a month ago, going to do more tests under anaesthetic thankfully just to check all is well. Asked to stop taking Vagirux I have so next appointment January.
 Just as the pandemic hit a previous a consultant who prescribed the coil and all tests. Inthought I was out of the woods but nope still had  little occasional bleeds.  Contacted the Consultant who got back to me  she had looked at my case with other Doctors and concluded that I could manage the slight bleeds at home.  Fine, great happy with  that.  2 years later was prescribed blood thinners by Hospital, commented to the GP I was still having little  bleeds,  she went nuts here I am like a salmon swimming against the river back at Gynae. :-\
Bleeding caused by skin rubbing and tearing, being heavy doesn't help but working on that ;D
Just wondered if anyone had similar problem with bleeds.
Thanks for reading  :-*

It is common to bleed due to the skin tearing. I suspect the vagirux is not enough for you. It is best to use this every single day, despite what the leaflet says. The outer area needs oestrogen too and that is were a cream can help. I use Ovestin cream. Do you also use any vaginal moisturiser? Yes and Sylk are both popular ones.

There is a very helpful thread on here I will link for you. It is were members share their VA concerns and tips. I hope reading it you will see you are not alone. :)
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html