Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alternatives to Utrogestan  (Read 1436 times)

Ches15

Re: Alternatives to Utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 04:06:58 PM »

Hi,
I’ve recently started using Utrogeston again and I have to agree that the side effects can be horrible. In between using it i was on Evorel sequi and the progesterone part of that is norethisterone which iseemed to tolerate a lot better. The utrogeston wears me out and gives me stomach pains and heavy legs. I’ve only changed back as I needed more oestrogen than you get in Evorel sequi but I’m tempted to get a mirena coil fitted instead though i wonder if this just gives milder symptoms stretched over the full month?

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 06:57:40 PM »

You could try Cyclogest - a body identical progesterone.  It is a wax based, vaginal pessary and easy to cut into 50mg doses.

My personal opinion is that 100mg progesterone is too big a hit in one go for a lot of women hence all the side effects reported on here.

I'm not progesterone intolerant but I could not handle 100mg Utrogestan vaginally or orally but I get on well with 50mg every day.

Lcgbw

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 09:15:07 PM »

You could try Cyclogest - a body identical progesterone.  It is a wax based, vaginal pessary and easy to cut into 50mg doses.

My personal opinion is that 100mg progesterone is too big a hit in one go for a lot of women hence all the side effects reported on here.

I'm not progesterone intolerant but I could not handle 100mg Utrogestan vaginally or orally but I get on well with 50mg every day.

This is my experience too. I’m manage ok with Cyclogest 200mg cut into 4 so 50mg daily.
I was dreadful on utrogestan.

Mollys65

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2022, 04:59:54 PM »

Hi Ladies

Was reading this post and was wondering what your side effects were on Utrogestan?  I've been on it for approx. 2 months now with Evorel 50 patches and I am getting really bad muscle pain in my side and back, even during the night when I am lying down and resting!  I am assuming it is the Utrogestan.  I am also on statins and have changed the type I am taking in case it is that causing the pain.  I am now seeing a chiropractor.  Am really at a loss to be able to pinpoint exactly what is causing it and was hoping that someone might have had the same symptoms on Utrogestan.....

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]