Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Out of sync with utrogeston  (Read 847 times)

Cagsey

• First Flush
Out of sync with utrogeston
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:43:08 PM »

Hello everyone,
This hrt malarkey is not as straight forward as I expected.
I’m completely out of sync with my Utrogeston since I started on my hrt journey in February.
I usually take 200mg of Utro on the 25th of every month for 12 days. My withdrawal bleed can occur anytime from day 8 of taking utro, up to 2/3 weeks after stopping utro. This time I’m due to take my two tablets this evening, and then my period started today…
I’m not sure if I should take my 12days of utrogestan at the beginning of what will be a heavy period?
I hope this makes sense and any advice would be greatly appreciated
 :)

Bandango42

Re: Out of sync with utrogeston
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 07:17:47 AM »

Hi Cagsey

It sounds like maybe your own cycle is overriding the hrt one. I had this also and was in effect having 2 periods per month, one 2 weeks into the month and then another when stopping utrogestan. So what I did was sync them up. When I started my natural period, I called that day one, then started the utrogestan 12 days after that and it's worked so far, I'm back to just having one bleed a month. You could maybe try that? Obviously it might not be that but thought I'd share my experience xx

Cagsey

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:57:29 AM »

Hi Bandango,
Thankyou for taking time to reply. I did that last month but waited out 18 days till taking the Utro. I’ve naturally had a period literally on the day I would start Utro again. Maybe I should try the 12 days this time? My body is doing it’s on thing…at least it’s not 3 weeks later!  ???
And here was me thinking it would all be a straightforward process!!  ::)

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 08:23:25 AM »

Hello, just to say I have the same issue. My periods are totally unaffected by when I take/stop taking the utrogestan!

I just plough on and take them two weeks on, two weeks off regardless. I mentioned this to consultant, he wasn’t bothered and said that as long as I was bleeding whichever way, it was fine. Hopefully the utrogestan is doing it’s job to some extent in opposing the oestrogen and preventing build up during those two weeks I take it.

Not sure what will happen when my periods stop….cross that bridge when I come to it!

Cagsey

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 08:42:20 AM »

Thankyou. I think I will plough on too regardless. At least it’s better than 3 weeks later!  :)