Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello from another newbie  (Read 936 times)

EmC

• First Flush
Hello from another newbie
« on: October 24, 2022, 08:56:18 PM »

Been reading posts over the weekend and just got admin approval to join  :)

I’m 52, menopause hit me 2 years ago on my 50th birthday.
I had a bad time for a couple of years before that but thought it was work related stress, Dr signed me off with stress, anxiety and depression but never questioned my age or life stage
Although to be fair it didn’t cross my mind either.

Anyway, it’s continued to be a bit of a rubbish journey. My Drs refused my first request for HRT and told me to try meditation. I tried so hard to help myself and just carry on but realised my brain and body just weren’t ok and I needed help. So 3 weeks ago after half an hour crying down the phone to my Dr telling them my life was in ruins they gave me a 3 month trial of Elleste Duette combi pills.
I’ve felt so much better since I started but my anxiety and night sweats are still horrid.
I’m so relieved to have found this forum, it’s been quite a bewildering and lonely time but reading your posts has helped me feel a bit more normal

Flossieteacake

Re: Hello from another newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »

Hello Emc and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you were given such a dismissive answer from the first DR you saw. It is good to hear you have HRT now. Anxiety is such a horrid feeling. You will find lots of support on here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello from another newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:48:22 AM »

Morning.  HRT isn't an instant 'cure'.  Also, it may be a few months B4 symptoms begin to ease. 

Browse round.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Let us know how you get on.