Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So fed up with all of it  (Read 3185 times)

Dandelion

Re: So fed up with all of it
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 05:36:15 PM »

Thank you Ayehsa have rung 111 on 24 hr ring back
I’ve had internal exam and no prolapse so could it still be atrophy?x
Anxiety is horrible, those morning "gut-greetings" of cortisol.
It's good you rang 111.
It could be a urinary tract infection. (UTI)
The good thing is that 111 can prescribe antibiotics.
I felt "off" last year, I put it down to stress, so I left it.
I took paracetamol  :o
I even felt like I was going to be sick, but I had my promethazine prescription, prescribed for sleep, but it takes away nausea.
I rang 111, suspecting a UTI, they prescribed antibiotics which made me feel better.
I also had an appointment with my real GP, and as I had left the UTI too long, she had to give me more, unbeknown to me, I had a temperature, my real GP took temp.
She gave me stronger antibiotics, and it went.
Let us know how you get on.

Booroo

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 05:40:48 PM »

Dandelion of course  will I rang back and now I should hear within hour or so then depends where I have to go for my out of hours.
Just had bath feel bit more relaxed but wanted to wash out replens?
Honestly whole thing is under rated. Do you mind if I ask do you take hrt?

Dandelion

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2022, 05:49:38 PM »

Dandelion of course  will I rang back and now I should hear within hour or so then depends where I have to go for my out of hours.
Just had bath feel bit more relaxed but wanted to wash out replens?
Honestly whole thing is under rated. Do you mind if I ask do you take hrt?
I am so sorry to hear you are having VA.
I do take hrt, I want to be free of relying on pharmacies.
I am 56. I don't know what's going on.
VA is not something I have had, despite needing up to 100mcg oestrogen from 2014.
The clinicians gradually reduced me to 25mcg due to bleeds from 2018-2021.
I fear that stress is affecting me physically, because, I thought I was coming through the end of peri, as there was only night sweats left on 25mcg, however, IBS and anxiety is back and I have gradually gone up to 100mcg, bought privately, as I fear my GP won't give me 100mcg as I used to bleed.
I would drink plenty of fluids to flush yourself out if it's UTI.
I would advise fluids anyway, but I don't know about VA.

Booroo

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2022, 06:09:20 AM »

Update
Had call back at 4 am been prescribed antibiotics to pick up today hope it works been feeling proper rough

Alice

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2022, 06:52:40 AM »

Hi Booroo,
I was also struggling with anxiety and the constant urge to wee. I would go to the loo and feel like my bladder wasn't emptying properly. It was quite debilitating, in a way it was lucky that we were in lock down at the time, I don't know how I would have coped if I'd been at work.
Somehow it didn't quite feel the same as a urine infection though, so luckily I didn't go down the route of repeated antibiotics.
When I started on HRT the bladder problems cleared up, along with a long list of other symptoms (never had hot flushes though!).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 06:55:15 AM by Alice »

Booroo

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2022, 07:00:24 AM »

Anxiety is awful isn’t it like a jibbering wreck x

Dandelion

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2022, 09:12:05 AM »

Update
Had call back at 4 am been prescribed antibiotics to pick up today hope it works been feeling proper rough
Good luck, I felt rough when I had a UTI

Booroo

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2022, 10:07:23 AM »

Thanks just taken it so fingers crossed xx
Take care of yourself too

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »

Get rid of the Replens and get some appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment. 

VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well.  Get a fresh urine sample sent to a Lab, take pain relief to ease the nip as the spincter shuts off urine flow and ask your Nurse Practitioner/GP for 'vagifem'.  The idea is to insert every night for 2-3 weeks, then as necessary: some require treatment nightly, others can miss a few nights i.e. using every 3rd and 5/6th nights.  'ovestin' or others, i.e. Yes or Slyc, are good for keeping the outer labia soft, less itchy and comfortable.

Rarely is there a urine infection and ABs will ease symptoms but will not improve the lack of oestrogen.  ABs are over prescribed.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; muscles maybecome lax = aches and pains.  There is no need to suffer!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 10:13:13 AM by CLKD »

Dandelion

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »

Thanks just taken it so fingers crossed xx
Take care of yourself too
Thanks.

Booroo

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2022, 10:47:58 AM »

Clkd am sending sample tomorrow but bleeding so won’t be a good one. Do you think it’s atrophy?

Ayesha

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2022, 11:18:23 AM »

Agree with everything CLKD says. I can’t understand for the life of me why GP’s don’t think Vaginal Atrophy when a woman of a certain age presents with constant recurring urine infections.
It’s always antibiotics that is thought of, they help at first but within a week all the symptoms will return. Saying this, obviously an infection has to be ruled out!

I got to the stage where I couldn’t sit down and assumed a prolapse, doctor looked and knew straight away what the problem was and prescribed topical HRT.
Even women who go to salons to have an all over waxing, the beauticians there can tell straight away what is happening to these women because when you have a good look down there, you are slowly disappearing.

Well, I am back and looking like I used to down below thanks to replacing the oestrogen that I had lost over the last ten years or so!

Booroo

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2022, 11:30:05 AM »

Ayesha I take it on exam you didn’t have prolapse I didn’t but she didn’t say atrophy but did prescription for vagirux tablets but was told to try replens first and here we are. I am a dreadful worried with side effects from things and what it may do how does anyone come to decide hrt either normal or topical is worth the risk of having breast cancer etc x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2022, 11:38:31 AM »

Booroo, I did wonder if you had not tried any VA treatment due to being anxious. The treatment is very mild. It is so gentle that you will not need any progesterone with it. Sadly, Replens will not make any difference at all and will likely cause irritation. Vaginal moisturiser can help with dryness but will not help with the pain and UTI symptoms.

It is sad that there has been so much scaremongering about HRT. If you read the studies it shows they were based on the older types of HRT and only tested women who started over 60.

VA is so distressing and in my opinion ruins lives. I do not want you to have to feel this bad when your symptoms can be improved by trying some localised oestrogen.

Often VA cannot be physically seen until the later stages so having an examination is not needed. Sadly, so many nurses and doctors have no idea about it and it is thanks to this forum that many women have come to understand they have it.

You do not have to take any HRT with it. Many women just treat the VA but do not take any other HRT.

Booroo

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2022, 11:43:11 AM »

Flossieteacake thank you I am not at all brave when it comes to me x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4