Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Horrible backache and pains with Utrogestan 100mg....  (Read 1006 times)

Mollys65

• First Flush
Horrible backache and pains with Utrogestan 100mg....
« on: October 14, 2022, 08:12:23 AM »

Hi
Looking for some advice please and to see if anyone else has these symptoms.  I have been prescribed Evorel 50 patches and Utrogestan 100mg capsules (one taken every day - no break).  I am 57 and 9 years post-menopausal.  Have been on various HRT regimes, but always suffered with heavy bleeding.  Was referred to Menopause Clinic who put me on this HRT and I have been taking it since 25 August this year.  I have had no bleeds, which is great, but over the last 3 weeks or so I have had terrible aches/pains, mainly on my right hand middle back area, but now also lower back.  Have been to GP who first diagnosed Bladder/Kidney infection and put me on antibiotics, which did no good at all.  Called back, told by another GP I didn't have infection and didn't need antibiotics!  I just feel really bloated and 'heavy', sometimes quite similar to how I used to feel before a period, and if I move into certain positions i.e sitting up to standing, the pain is quite intense and it's getting me down.  I spoke to the Menopause Clinic and the doctor there said bloating is normal, but she hadn't heard of back/muscular aches as being a side effect.  On further investigation here on the forum I have found that yes, I am not imagining things and my side effects are quite common for Utrogestan!  I have now stopped my HRT from today and will see if these aches disappear, so that I can be sure.  I have a further telephone consultation with the clinic next month, so I will ask what else I can take?  Have seen that some ladies take Utrogestan vaginally, which has less side effects?  Any advice would be much appreciated, honestly, I am tearing my hair out!! (and that's pretty thin these days!! :)  Many thanks!

Flossieteacake

Re: Horrible backache and pains with Utrogestan 100mg....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 08:21:01 AM »

Hello Molly. I am sorry you have had this reaction to ultrogestan. You can try it vaginally. If that does not suit you then do not worry as there are lots of other progestogen options. This link has more detail about the different types.
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pdf/HRT-Doses-Sep2021.pdf