Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vertigo  (Read 1021 times)

fionajay77

• First Flush
Vertigo
« on: October 10, 2022, 03:07:04 PM »

Hi Ladies this is my first time posting so thanks in advance!  Had total hysterectomy in Aug and started a few weeks later on oestrogel x 2 pumps.  Did ok on it but not amazing symptom wise and didn’t really like the feel of it so when I had routine appt at GP last week asked for patches instead as had heard good things about them.

He gave me Estraderm 50 and within 2 days I had to take it off as felt totally like I was on a ship!  Like being drunk without the fun  :-\
Never had anything like it before.  Possibly mild vertigo for about a year in peri but nothing on this level.  Since then I’ve had really bad vertigo to the point I can’t drive or walk down stairs without getting super wobbly legs or dizzy and feeling about to pass out.  Started back on the oestrogel after a break to clear my system of 3 days.

I’ve tried researching as getting through to the GP is a nightmare at the mo.  Has anyone had a similar experience and is it likely too much oestrogen or too little?  I’m 45 btw.

I’ve been to a pharmacist who gave be Avomine so hoping that works and that this passes quickly.  It’s awful 😞.

Would so appreciate any wisdom or advice at all.  Thank you, Fiona 🙏

Amazing grace

Re: Vertigo
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 04:58:03 PM »

Hi fionajay77, I had a hysterectomy and I started on estrogel but changed to patches after a year but I had awful lightheaded feelings on both everol and estradot patches, I felt exactly like you drunk and wobbly also felt as though I couldn't walk straight like I was swaying I went back to gel and the intense lightheaded feeling went, I do still get it now and again not sure if it's just a menopause symptom or side effects from estrogen I never had the issue before starting hrt, estradot patches were the absolute worse for me the whole 3 months on that my head was spacey and floaty, I also think it can be from low estrogen or too much which I know isn't much help it's very confusing separating the too much too little issue, I'm much better on estrogel though and the patches for me personally was the cause of it being so intense, 50 patch is the same dose as 2 x pumps so I doubt it was too much as your dose wasn't increased , probably a side effect, if it goes once you are settled back on the gel you will know it was the patches, good luck I hope you settle back on the gel x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 04:59:15 PM »

Awful and possibly a reaction to HRT. 

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 05:36:36 PM »

I had vertigo when I first landed in peri. For me it is high estrogen. Unfortunately my own high estrogen, so getting rid of it is difficult!

fionajay77

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 01:07:17 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts on this.  As an update I managed by some miracle to get an appointment today with my GP!  I have an inner ear infection so not caused by the patch and hopefully antibiotics and ant emetics will mean I can get back to work and driving by the weekend.  I was so relieved I nearly kissed him!!!  Interesting that the only symptom I had of this was a sore neck and throat so just thought I’d share and hope it helps. 
In general is the gel better than patches do you think?  Wonder if I may try the patch again once this has cleared up?  Thank you xx

Amazing grace

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 01:52:34 PM »

That's good news, well not that you have an ear infection but at least you know it wasn't the type of patch you was using, I think dispite the fact I didn't get on with patches and prefer gel, it's not that the gel is better it's about personal preference and what works best for you lots of ladies love the patches and same for the gel, I think trying the patch again is definitely worth a go, good luck hope your ear infection clears up and you have a positive outcome if you try the patch again x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 02:09:49 PM »

Hopefully the medication will kick in so that you feel less giddy!