Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and discharge  (Read 810 times)

Vicky61

Vagifem and discharge
« on: October 10, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »

Hi All!

I have been on Vagifem since January and I am doing a 2 week reload as twice weekly wasn't helping my bladder issues.

Yesterday was day 7 and after I inserted the plunger, upon withdrawal I noticed a petroleum jelly type  discharge on the end of the plunger.  I have never seen this before and no I didn't have sex.  It was quite a bit and I'm wondering if that is normal.  I haven't had any discharge on my pad ,only when I had the plunger in there.  Should I finish the next few days or go to the three days a week as my doctor has suggested?

Ayesha

Re: Vagifem and discharge
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 03:39:25 PM »

Hi Vicky61
I know I have read on here about Vagifem causing a discharge for some women. If you do a search for 'vagifem and discharge' you might find some posts that could help you while you wait for others to respond to your post!

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 04:42:45 PM »

Hi Vicky

My doctor told me it’s quite normal.

Nik x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 04:58:27 PM »

The body builds up a film of protection by using VA treatment - so there may well be excess which the vagina will discharge.

Nothing to worry about unless the discharge is green, thick and smelly.

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 05:04:06 PM »

It sounds like the residue from dissolved Vagifem. I found it to be a bit like vaseline. As you gain more natural moisture you won't notice it.  I would finish the reload and then reduce to three a week, or whatever it takes to resolve your symptoms.
JP x