Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti if peri peri!?  (Read 657 times)

Givemeabreak

• First Flush
Evorel Conti if peri peri!?
« on: October 10, 2022, 01:53:15 PM »

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie but I have been reading many posts over the last week or so. I am so grateful for all the info and support I already found in the forums!

I am 48 and have some symptoms, but not awful compared to others. I have profound tiredness, lack of motivation, irritability, crying spells, low libido, some vaginal dryness, some sleeping difficulties and bad headaches…. Pure sexiness  :o

I have been on the mini pill for ever, suffer from adenomyosis and have fibroids. I tend not to have proper periods with the mini pill so not 100% sure if I am on the perimenopause or proper menopause ?!? But I feel I am ‘pausing’  :-\

GP is offering me Utrogestan and Oestrogel or Evorel Conti, which I am grateful for.

I think I prefer the idea of patches … but am I correct to think Evorel Conti is only for proper menopause (not peri)? So my question is how do I know where I am if I am on the pill?! Should I stop the mini pill and postpone the HRT?! Or should I go for Utrogestan and Oestrogel?!  I am so confused… I think I have overdosed on Google searches!   ::)

Dotty

Re: Evorel Conti if peri peri!?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 03:03:16 PM »

Hi  :) and welcome to the forum.

You are right that Evorel Conti is for post menopause ( no periods for 12 months) but you may be ok on it if you don’t have periods on the mini pill and are going to carry on with the mini pill.

Do you need the mini pill for contraception?

If you wanted a Sequi regime for peri menopause you could use Evorel Sequi.

Oestrogel and Utrogestan is a good combination and can be used in peri and post menopause. Or you could use oestrogen patches with Utrogestan  xx

Givemeabreak

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 03:13:26 PM »

Hi Dotty

I totally assumed if you are in HRT you have to stop the mini pill!!  ??? Can you be in HRT and mini pill?!

I mainly take the pill as treatment for the adenomyosis. I am ok with condoms as sex had become such a rare event  :P

What is the difference between Sequi and Conti, I have been reading so much over the last few days my wires are overheated 🥵

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 03:38:28 PM »

Yes, you can take the mini pill at the same time as HRT for contraception purposes. If you’re taking it for other purposes you may not need it, but I don’t know about that.

Sequi regime is for ladies who are still having periods. You take oestrogen every day and for two weeks take progesterone too. This is to protect the womb and should regulate periods.

Conti regime is for ladies who are post menopause ( 12 months without a period) and oestrogen and progesterone are taken every day.

Givemeabreak

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 05:54:20 PM »

Thanks so much! Despite researching a lot I am clearly just starting to understand this new dimension  ;)

It feels like knowing if you are peri o meno is very important. I wonder if I should stop the pill and wait before choosing treatment.

Sorry one more question - if I am peri menopausal can I take Ultrogetan and Ostrogel? Or is this option also for full menopause?

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 06:19:42 PM »

As you are 48 it’s likely that you’re still in peri menopause.

Yes you can take Oestrogel and Utrogestan in peri menopause.

Givemeabreak

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 06:50:35 PM »

Thanks ever sooooo much Dotty!
I really appreciate your help, time and support. GP is calling me tomorrow, I hope I take the right decision.