Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety creeping back in  (Read 1144 times)

discogirl

Anxiety creeping back in
« on: October 08, 2022, 09:20:59 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have been on patch and a half estraderm mx 25's since 13th sept. Because of supply issues I can only get hold of mx 50's, which my gp said to try the whole 50 patch when I change it next, which is tommorow.

My question is I have noticed over the past week, my anxiety which has been good actually, has been creeping back in. Is it just the fact that I need to increase my estrogen patch as I wouldn't have thought increasing it by just 12.5 mcg would make that much difference really xxx

Nik2502

Re: Anxiety creeping back in
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 09:29:21 AM »

Morning

I’ve recently been reading about oestrogen sensitivity. Just like some women need lots others are extremely sensitive and any little increase can make a massive difference.

I’ve just gone up to 125 and it’s awful. I’m shaking internally (weird), anxious and extremely tearful. I’m now wondering if I’m on too much.

It’s such a balancing act!

Nik x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 09:45:59 AM »

I am sorry to hear you are feeling anxious again. Is there anything else that could be causing it? I know you get anxious when you are not sleeping well.

Nas

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 09:47:50 AM »

Too much can be as bad as too little. I went up to from 75 to 100 last weekend. It was awful. Angry, irritable etc.

I need the oestrogen I think but can’t get the balance right at all.

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 10:07:42 AM »

Sometimes those feelings are start up effects and will settle down if you can bear to wait a week or two.  The million dollar question is determining whether it is just temporary or an indicator of too much. The only way to tell I guess is indeed to experiment on yourself being careful not to be too quick in making a judgement. Keep a diary.

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 10:09:04 AM »

Just another spanner in the works ... Some women find their oestrogen needs aren't as great in the winter....

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 11:17:16 AM »

Hi Gnatty,

Yes that's very true, it is a balancing act and interesting about some women needing less oestrogen in the winter.

And yes flossieteacake, my sleep has been ok actually, not great but a little better xxx

Maybe it is just my hormones balancing out xxxx

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »

Morning

I’ve recently been reading about oestrogen sensitivity. Just like some women need lots others are extremely sensitive and any little increase can make a massive difference.

I’ve just gone up to 125 and it’s awful. I’m shaking internally (weird), anxious and extremely tearful. I’m now wondering if I’m on too much.

It’s such a balancing act!

Nik x

Hi Nik 2502,

It really is a balancing act, I hope you managed to get settled on your new regime xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »

Anxiety consumed my Life for years  :'(

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2022, 05:07:03 PM »

how do you manage it now clkd xxx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2022, 08:09:30 PM »

By saying 'no' to most things that I am asked to do  ::) and being spontaneous - if I have to plan it makes me anxious.

I used Valium as necessary in the 1990s, taking 5mg the night prior to an event that I was unable to get out of.  Knowing that I could take 5mg the next day which I never needed.  It did make me tired by mid-afternoon much to MinLs horror  ;D when I dropped off to sleep.   :-X

Then I had propranolol from 2002 until 2020.  As well as an emergency drug to take immediately anxiety hits.  The last time I needed it was at the end of August.

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2022, 08:27:45 PM »

thanks for explaining i really do appreciate it.

i take amitrypline mainly for my tinnitus. i tried to wean off it however i think i need it at the moment xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »

If it works?   When hungry people eat; if a chronic illness is diagnosed, medication can save lives.  Diabetic, heart conditions ..........

discogirl

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2022, 08:48:19 PM »

yes your right CLKD and i do need it at the moment.

your so kind thank you so much xxx

Epona52

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 04:34:35 PM »

Hi ladies, just wanted to drop in on this one, I had a doctors appointment on Monday because I have felt awful for a very long time now with anxiety, depression, being tearful etc, I tried to up my estradiol gel dose through the summer and just a half a pump made me feel worse, but gp recommended that I up it another pump and I'm four days in and not feeling too bad touch wood! so just wondering if there is a link between summer and winter, I'm also going for testosterone blood test next week, I find it all weird as my peri wasn't to bad but when I hit 51 it all hit me really hard, I can't tolerate antidepressants so i get by on bensodiazapines and beta blockers but some days are unbearable, the anxiety is a life changer, gp also explained about the estrogen dropping off the older you get, 😢
Take care everyone, it can feel such a lonely place to be sometimes,   but on here you realise your not alone ...