Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Joint Pain  (Read 544 times)

pamabz

Joint Pain
« on: October 04, 2022, 06:22:16 AM »

Hello everyone,
Can someone recommend anything to help with Joint Pain?  Unfortunately I can't use HRT due to some side effects and I've tried Liquid Glucosamine but it made no difference so just wondering if anyone has found something to ease joint pain as mine is pretty awful  :(
Thanks in advance.
xx

Marchlove

Re: Joint Pain
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 06:58:09 AM »

Hi Pamabz

Sorry to hear you’re  having joint pain issues.
I’m sorry I don’t know of a natural remedy that might help but you could search the alternative section.

Did you try a few different types of HRT before you stopped?
Some people do better if they change the type  or use a reduced dosage.
Also, many people find that testosterone helps with aches and pains.

M x

pamabz

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 03:22:36 PM »

Hello Marchlove

Thank you for responding  :) yes, I've tried a few HRT regimes, even the "gold standard" of Estrogel and Utrogestan at different dosages but unfortunately I get neuralgia in my trigeminal nerve (both sides), jaw pain and pounding, crushing headaches with HRT. Very rare symptoms it seems, and ones that every GP I have spoken to treats with skepticism to be honest but after 4 1/2 years of suffering I've managed to work out that the HRT is definitely what's causing those symptoms. 

Sad I can't use it as it definitely helps with the joint pain, night sweats, etc and I would use HRT in a heartbeat if I could but all the head and face pain is too severe on a daily basis for me to use it.  I've also had my testosterone levels checked but was told they were OK so I guess I need to find some other way to help alleviate the pain.

I'll take a look in the alternative section to see if there's any suggestions  :) thank you Marchlove, hope your journey is not too awful, best wishes to you. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 04:45:48 PM »

Over the counter pain relief, taken 30 mins. B4 you exercise, go walking, gardening ........

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

How many HRT regimes have you tried Pam? 

florriepeck

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 08:19:12 PM »

HRT and testosterone helped me, but also I’m taking magnesium supplement and practising regular yoga, and those things definitely help ease joint pain too.