Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Pins & needles in arm pit is this HRT side effect  (Read 1363 times)

Hopeful2

Pins & needles in arm pit is this HRT side effect
« on: October 02, 2022, 07:50:37 AM »

Morning ladies.

Another bad night last night. I posted a few days ago as started utrogestan & oestrogen 9 days ago got too sore big bite like spots during first 3 days, one on thigh the other on boob. Last night on the side where the spot on my boob is I got sharp pins & needles in armpit and hand went dead. My hands go dead sometimes and I wear a handsplint to bed that's not unusual but never got pins & needles in armpit before feels a bit swollen under armpit I think. The spots I got are slowly going down and so far I haven't got anymore should I continue with HRT. My GP is no good he'll just tell me to stop and the other 2 hrt types had worse side effects. Im really struggling with this life.

Any advice would be great appreciated. Thank you.

Dierdre

Re: Pins & needles in arm pit is this HRT side effect
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 08:08:16 AM »

Assuming they are bites the pain in the armpit would possibly be the reaction from lymph nodes under the armpit that swell and are sore when fighting infection etc. Once the bite has gone the armpit should also settle, if it doesn't and gets worse then I'd see the doctor.

Hopeful2

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 12:08:17 PM »

Thank you for your kind reply Deirdre.

They are not bites I get these when I start HRT it's weird, but never got pins & needles in arm pit before but got ****ling in face when I took HRT last time too. All these strange make me panic about taking the HRT but I suppose I should continue this time as menopause symptoms unbearable now.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 12:34:47 PM »

I found this on the internet, sounds like it could be whats happening and hopefully it will settle as your body adjusts.

Because estrogen levels impact our central nervous system, when those levels start to fluctuate, some of the nerves are impacted. The sensations can take a lot of forms: tingling, burning, crawling skin, cold, numbness, the classic pins-and-needles, and increased sensitivity.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 05:16:17 PM »

It may well be carpal tunnel syndrome, common in pregnancy.  If U need to hang the arm over the bed in the night ........... if the nerve is impacted, it can be released by surgical intervention. 

Hopeful2

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 07:54:48 PM »

Thank you for your kind replies I will take the HRT again tonight. Thanks so much for your support ladies 💐