Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is it ok to take Utrogestan daily and have a Mirena at the same time?  (Read 2197 times)

KaycieB

• First Flush

I've been reading through the forum, and becoming a lot wiser for it, thank you all! Following on from a previous post I now have another question to raise.  Is it safe to take Utrogestan daily and have a Mirena at the same time?  Without repeating myself too much, one GP wants my Mirenana left in for another two years, one doesnt. Can I start Utrogestan tables daily as prescribed by 2nd GP whilst awaiting the removal of the coil? Any replies greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

shoppingqueen

Re: Is it ok to take Utrogestan daily and have a Mirena at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 06:16:43 PM »

Hi KaycieB

A quick question is why would you want to? I did read your other thread. Are you worried it’s not giving womb lining protection, hence starting utro whilst you wait for an appointment?

SQ x

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 07:32:47 PM »

Hi

No. You don’t need two forms of progesterone. If the mirena is in date it will provide better protection and you have fewer systemic problems.

N x

KaycieB

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 12:14:29 PM »

Hi Shoppingqueen, Dependent upon who you believe the coil may or may not be producing enough progesterone.  I'm worried if I follow GP no 1's advice I may not be getting enough progesterone but if I follow GP No 2's advice I could be getting too much.  I just need to know if there is such a thing as too much progesterone?

KaycieB

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 12:16:13 PM »

Hi Nick2052,  One GP is telling me it is in date, one is telling me it isnt.  I can't get an appointment to get any clarity or get it removed.  They just tell me the books are full.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 12:22:18 PM »

How long have you had the Mirena coil ? Did you say 8 years ? x

KaycieB

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 10:46:06 AM »

Hi Dotty, Its six years old but there are no available appointments to get it removed (first GP said theres no rush as it will last 8 years). I just need to know if if can take Utrogestan at the same time whilst waiting for an appointment for coil removal or whether I have to wait for coil to be removed then start the tables. I cant get to ask a GP this question.  I do an econsult, they tell me to book an appointment. I call to book an appointment and they tell me the appointments have all gone. I'm going round in circles.

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 11:37:32 AM »

You could send an email consultation to Dr Currie via This forum. I think it costs £30.

Or , if you’re, on Facebook, ask on Diane Danzebrink’s page which is called The Menopause Support Network.