Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I cant keep this up  (Read 3998 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: I cant keep this up
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2022, 08:29:52 AM »

You did really well to send the email. I can understand how difficult that was.

Yes, sadly so many of us struggle with progesterone.

Armadillo

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2022, 07:06:31 AM »

GP texted yesterday afternoon.. he's seen our email, my husband wrote a bit too and contacted Gynae asking if he can look at my file/ ring me sooner.

So now i wait

Flossieteacake

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2022, 08:07:41 AM »

I am so pleased you have had a response. I hope the wait will not cause too much anxiety.

Armadillo

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2022, 07:49:05 AM »

Tmrw morning my Gynae is ringing and i am really fretting about it.

Just looged on to try an dremind myself what was going on... and make some notes .

But its all still too much... have had another thoroughly awful bleed my fault this time i've been more poorly than usual and forget the ostrogel for about a week... and the pain, heaviness of flow ad associated goodies all kicked in.

Scared i will be told its progesterone or nothing... as nothing is also bad but its so hard to stay alive during the cyclogest phase that nothing may be the option.. but that was blooming awful too... but i wonder if its passed now?

Armadillo

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2022, 08:09:15 AM »

hmm back.. maybe i didnt completely forget the estrogel.. i've been wanting to see if i could manage without it as i cant do the progesterone thing again.. but i cant.. lookingback i've been so much weaker, teary, muddled and in pain.. took my PA to say my stamina was really down..but back to only managing an hour sat in wheelchair when out not a few hours.

hmmm .. so i came back to edit as didnt want to lie but took a while for the penny to drop and now cant edit

its amazing what i can work out of i stop and look at patterns

Flossieteacake

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2022, 11:34:20 AM »

Hello Armadillo. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were getting on. It is easy to forget when it comes to medication so do not beat yourself up over that.

Is it worth telling your husband what you want to convey to the gynae so he can write it down for you? I hope the appointment goes well. Just remember, you like your gynae and get on well with them. They will want to support you.

Armadillo

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2022, 04:06:09 PM »

Poppy .. not a Dr but you aren't making it up.  I doubted myself but am now convinced with the help of people here and reading up.

Flossie.. thanks my husband sat with me this morning as I typed notes.. he's added a few bits.

He's taken a few phone appointments with Gynae when I haven't been able and been to the in person ones so well placed to step in.

Yes I like this Gynae he's good, works well with my GP.

But I am scared.. it's tmrw morning and my PA is here so if I can get settled after call we can go out and sit by river afterwards.. if I am too messed up at least my husband can have a few hours break whilst she is here.

I will report back.

Starting to think more seriously about hysterectomy.. it's been whispered before now but nit really looked into it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2022, 05:59:47 PM »

I can understand why you feel scared. I really hope it goes well. Do not forget the option to take oestrogen alone and have regular scans. I remember you once said you would be okay with that. I wish you all the best for tomorrow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2022, 07:11:05 PM »

Make those notes.

MayB decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  Consider whether going back to base to let your body settle might be wise?

Let us know how you get on.

Lisa_Oz

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2022, 08:34:01 PM »

Armadillo I’ve been reading your posts and I first want to send you a huge hug. I relate to so much of what you’ve posted and I never would have thought I could react to a medication as darkly and frighteningly as I do to Utrogestan.  I made it to day 4 just barely this last time and that will be the last.

Good luck tomorrow on your call. xx

Flossie…I may wind up going the route you are on now. I’m on 1 pump and may have to see how much scans cost and how often they would be needed. I am waiting on a combined cream to arrive prescribed by a clinic to see if I can tolerate that. If so, will need scans anyway.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2022, 09:18:30 PM »

Armadillo I’ve been reading your posts and I first want to send you a huge hug. I relate to so much of what you’ve posted and I never would have thought I could react to a medication as darkly and frighteningly as I do to Utrogestan.  I made it to day 4 just barely this last time and that will be the last.

Good luck tomorrow on your call. xx

Flossie…I may wind up going the route you are on now. I’m on 1 pump and may have to see how much scans cost and how often they would be needed. I am waiting on a combined cream to arrive prescribed by a clinic to see if I can tolerate that. If so, will need scans anyway.

I hope that works for you. Our mental health is so important.

Armadillo

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2022, 10:05:27 AM »

Well that went both extremely well an dterrifyingly awful.. after the shock i will settle on the first

My Gynae is awesome.. so lucky to have him on my team. 

He told me early on " I am not giving up on you" and "you are really  progesterone intolerant"

As we have run out of options and he agrees with me about not wanting progesterone at all we are on to plan B.  I am now on the list for a complete hysterectomy... until then i can keep the estrogen (return cyclogest for safe disposal to chemist) and I will see him in 4 months for a face to face chat and an internal scan.  Wait is about 12 months.

Numb, tears, snot, sobbing... now medicated and going to find a river and be outside ..

Flossieteacake

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2022, 11:53:41 AM »

Well that went both extremely well an dterrifyingly awful.. after the shock i will settle on the first

My Gynae is awesome.. so lucky to have him on my team. 

He told me early on " I am not giving up on you" and "you are really  progesterone intolerant"

As we have run out of options and he agrees with me about not wanting progesterone at all we are on to plan B.  I am now on the list for a complete hysterectomy... until then i can keep the estrogen (return cyclogest for safe disposal to chemist) and I will see him in 4 months for a face to face chat and an internal scan.  Wait is about 12 months.

Numb, tears, snot, sobbing... now medicated and going to find a river and be outside ..

Oh, I am so very sorry. I can understand your fears. When you feel up to it you could make a new thread to talk about the hysterectomy as other members have been through it and can advise you.

I really hope you are okay. I am concerned you said you are medicated and want to find a river. Hopefully I interpreted that wrongly.

Armadillo

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2022, 03:43:14 PM »

Flossie.. firstly all is ok i did type medicated and want to find a river.. i can see how that didnt come out right.  I love being out in nature.. today is a day i have PA/Carer long shift to go out and we went to visit a village with big fields and a ford and a cafe.. so it was a way to 'change gear' and have some happy times after the tricky phone call.. it was a few hours outside my home and something i'd been looking forwards to..so a positive.. sorry i didnt express it better

Sorry to have worried you...

Medicated.. all within GP guidelines to help with the emotion of appointment and news.. plus the extra stress and lack of sleep affects my other health stuff.. so its a relief to take the meds to help me

I am OK.. witout the progesterone in my system i am going to do so much better

---------------------

thanks yes.. i will start a hysterectomy thread at some point.. i've got soem reading up to do and will see him in 4 months but yes i will

------------

for anyone else reading.. there is a form of HRT with no estrogen or progesterone in it .. its a tablet called tibolene which mimics the hormones.. sadly fr me it contains lactose so i cant try it but it was dubious if it would do the trick for me anyway .. however i wanted to mention it incase its useful to someone

Flossieteacake

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2022, 03:49:33 PM »

I am glad I was mistaken. It is so nice you enjoy being in nature. How lovely you live near such pretty scenery. Please do not apologise. It was my mistake.

I have seen some threads on here about tibolene. What a pity it contains lactose.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]