Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cannot tolerate Norethisterone, what are my hrt options?  (Read 665 times)

CelesteM

Cannot tolerate Norethisterone, what are my hrt options?
« on: September 26, 2022, 11:37:24 AM »

Thank you for everyone’s advice so far while I’m trying to work out which hrt suits me. After using Estalis conti with the higher Norethisterone (the lower dose patch gave me a constant period) for 36 hrs I felt like I was going crazy, weeping, irritable and lost my temper, then woke in the night with the patch burning and strong hot flushes. Took the patch off and today I’m back to my usual mood. I’m seeing my regular GP in two days and would like advice at what other hrt options I could try. One member here suggested Mirena coil with the Estradiol patch or gel - that would suit me, however is the progesterone in the Mirena like the synthetic progesterone in Femoston or Estalis conti (norethisterone). I can’t tolerate either type. I’m waiting on an appt with a menopause clinic in late November and would like any advice! Thank you  :)

Dotty

Re: Cannot tolerate Norethisterone, what are my hrt options?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 12:04:53 PM »

Hi other options would be Utrogestan or Provera.

Or Femseven patches which have a different progesterone. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cannot tolerate Norethisterone, what are my hrt options?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 12:21:27 PM »

If U keep to one thread responses won't get lost.

Could U ring the Clinic to see if they have a sooner appt., could you go to an immediate appt. if someone cancels?