Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evoril Conti OK for peri menopause?  (Read 692 times)

Farmgurl

• First Flush
Evoril Conti OK for peri menopause?
« on: September 14, 2022, 12:49:14 PM »

Hi there, new to this forum, was delighted to find it!  My 'issue' is with Evoril, more a question really.  I am 52, I've been on HRT for almost a year, first on Femosten Conti and recently switched to Evoril Conti patch.  Mostly because Doc recommended it as being slightly safer, and also as I have a Varicose Vein operation coming up, there is no added risk of clots with patch v risk with tablets.  the reason I went on HRT in the first place was not for hot flushes, dryness or any of that but for help with my osteoarthritis/osteopina and to help with insomnia (it hasn't really helped with this).  I am still having fairly regular periods.
Anyway, I didn't question the doc but only later in the month read the leaflet and it says 'for women 6mths post menopausal'!! I had quite a lot of breakthrough bleeding after I switched, and my joints were very, very stiff and achy (I have arthritis but not this bad usually) so I'm wondering if she prescribed the wrong Evorel, or if it is actually OK for peri menopause also? 
I wanted to post this, before I go through the rigmarole of trying to get  some phone time with my Doc....it's a clinic and VERY busy.

Many thanks in advance for any insights.

Cheers!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evoril Conti OK for peri menopause?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 12:54:09 PM »

Hi! welcome to the confusing world of peri-menopause.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out, as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

What does it tell you in the leaflet in the box of HRT?  Hopefully someone on this regime will be along with advice  ::)

sheila99

Re: Evoril Conti OK for peri menopause?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 01:02:27 PM »

You should be on a sequi regime if you're peri. If your symptoms are returning you may benefit from a higher dose of oestrogen, you may be absorbing differently. You could try an evorel 75 patch with a separate progestogen such as utrogeston. The evorel combined patches only come in 50.