Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Stomach Issue Supplements  (Read 1679 times)

Zoe19741

Stomach Issue Supplements
« on: September 14, 2022, 10:27:43 AM »

Ugh really struggling with my stomach at the minute am on HRT but feel like my IBS has got worse since the peri and just wondered if anyone is taking any supplements for this?  I would be really interested as it’s getting me down and I am already taking magnesium at night which is great for other issues but really feel like I need something else for my stomach 😳

discogirl

Re: Stomach Issue Supplements
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 10:41:19 AM »

Hi Zoe,

I have a bit of IBS but my daughter has it quite badly.

I take magnesium at night and I just wondered, I take the bisglycinate form, as I believe it's gentler and it's absorbed better.

My daughter uses colpermin or buscopan for IBS there is also a low fodmap you can find on the internet which gives you a list of foods that are better for people with IBS.

Hope that helps and sorry if I've told you stuff you already know, but IBS is really awful

xxxx

Zoe19741

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 10:55:45 AM »

Thank you for replying yea that’s the magnesium I’m taking as I heard it was gentler!  I think I am going to try the FODMAP diet as I need to do something 😟

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 11:03:33 AM »

My daughter follows the fodmap diet and it really helps her xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 12:10:49 PM »

Hello Zoe. I take Optibac everyday probiotic. I find them so helpful and never miss a day. Just to say, please contact a dietician if you are going to try the low fodmap diet as it is complicated and needs monitoring.

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 03:21:15 PM »

Hi Zoe,

I just wanted to confirm what Flossieteacake said and what I should have mentioned, my daughter done this under the supervision of her dietician, as it is really complicated.

xxxx