Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: estrogen levels  (Read 750 times)

discogirl

estrogen levels
« on: September 14, 2022, 07:51:58 AM »

Hi all,

I was on 25mcg estraderm since 25th August and last night I increased it by cutting up another patch in half, so now I'm on a patch and a half as I don't want to increase dosage too much, too quickly.

My question is, do I (with GP's advice obviously) just keep increasing my estrogen patch, does the body keep getting acclimatised to the estrogen levels I'm giving it and will my body keep demanding more and what will happen when I'm at the maximum estrogen level?

Sorry for so many questions

Thank you xxx

Dotty

Re: estrogen levels
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 08:07:02 AM »

Hi once you reach the right level for your body then your symptoms should disappear. I’m on 4 pumps of Oestrogel. I started on tablets but they didn’t help me. I then went onto 2 pumps of Oestrogel, then 3, then 3.5 and finally settled on 4.

Think of it as filling up a tank of oestrogen. Your tank is empty and needs filling so you need the right amount of oestrogen to fill it up and keep it at that level.

You might have bumps along the way and you might not always need the amount that you settle on. Everyone is different xxx

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 08:13:10 AM »

Morning Dotty,

Thanks that makes sense.

A lot of women seem to use the gel, and I'm wondering if at my 3 mthly review I should try the gel.

I''m also considering using utrogestan pessaries as opposed to oral but I don't want to change too much at my 3 mthly review, it's not until November so I have plenty of time to think.

Thanks so much Dotty, hope your okay xxx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 08:42:39 AM »

Hi if the patches are working then there’s no need to swap. The gel is good but so are patches.

If you want to use the utrogestan vaginally then it would be off licence …your GP may not agree to it. You use the same capsules vaginally as orally. The pessaries are prescribed for fertility use , not hrt and , again , your GP may not prescribe . x

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »

Hi Dotty,

Ah you have answered a question of mine.

So I would use my round Utrogestan tablets vaginally as well.

And from what I understand I would use the tablets vaginally every other day as opposed to everyday.

And not wishing to appear crude, but with the tablets being small and round is it hard to get them up there as far as you need to and can they not sort of 'pop out' again xxxx

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 11:25:48 AM »

Hi using the Utrogestan every other day is off licence and may not give you enough protection. Again your GP may not agree to this as any vaginal use is off licence.

I can’t help you on using vaginally as I take the Utrogestan orally but I believe you just insert them as high as you can . x

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 01:56:12 PM »

I use it vaginally, I don't have problem inserting them but some people think it's a bit fiddly (don't do it over the toilet  ;)). The capsules are the same. The manufacturer and the nhs think the dose is the same if used either orally or vaginally. Newson says you can halve it if used vaginally. *probably* safe for low-medium doses but possibly not for higher doses unless you have regular scans to check the lining isn't building up.

Gel is good for altering your dose but I've just switched from gel to estradot patch because of the mountain of plastic waste and it's great not to be slathered in gel twice a day. Personal preference really.

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 03:14:23 PM »

Hi Dotty, thanks for clariying that xxx

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 03:16:54 PM »

Hi Sheila99,

When you say if used vaginally I could halve the dose I use utrogestan 100mg orally every night, would that mean I'd use it vaginally every other night?

And I'm still in two minds about the gel, it's early days, it's just sometimes these patches aren't great for sticking.

And that's what I was thinking about the gel, having to wait for it to aborb into your skin and stuff.

Thanks so much for the advice xxxx

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »

The manufacturer says the dose is the same, newson says you can halve it (so every other night if conti) , take your pick who you believe. I use the full dose. I use a sequi regime and the only time I tried the half dose I didn't bleed. Anything off licence should really be with medical supervision. Her patients are private so probably having scans. Have you read the advice about getting them to stick? Didn't help me with evorel but I find estradot stick well. Haven't tried estroderm.