Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: suicidal  (Read 2433 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: suicidal
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 05:54:49 PM »

What is your husband doing to support you?  Can he not phone the Surgery>

Yes - half a patch extra.  Then give it time to kick in.

Don't keep waking up tonight to see whether you have slept, that was my trick years ago  ::)

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 06:19:58 PM »

Disco girl … you are not being a pain . Never think that. Keep posting xx

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2022, 06:29:00 PM »

aw bless you. im much better having spoken to you lovely lady xxxx

sorry i just had a meltdown before.

i just felt alone and very scared but two minutes on here and you realise your not alone.

thank you so much xxxxxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 06:39:08 PM »

You do not need to apologise. Were you able to tell your husband how you are feeling?

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2022, 06:54:52 PM »

thank you all.

yes my husband is very supportive he really understand and helps me loads. i couldnt do without him

my hubby had an appt with our GP that he had booked earlier last wk. i had a quick chat with the gp he said i could increase the estrogen but that he'd like me to wait until ive been on it a mth exactly which is next week.

hes aware of my anxiety and low mood as im on amitrypline but im not keen on increasing the dosage. id really like to come the AD but dont feel now is the right time.

i feel a bit better knowing i can at least increase my estrogen if i need to
 however i will only increase it by a half. my gp said i could increase it to 50mcg but i feel that would be too big a jump

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2022, 07:10:35 PM »

It really helps to have a supportive person in your life. It sounds like your GP is approachable which is great.

If antidepressants help then I would not think about coming off. I could not cope without mine. They can save lives.

It is reasuring to know you can increase once your body is more used to the 25.

discogirl

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 07:24:57 PM »

our GP is lovely and hubby is so supportive.

i could not have managed without you lovely ladies today.

and thank you dotty for replying early this morning xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2022, 07:34:43 PM »

I hope tonight is a better night for you. I find it comforting to listen to a light audiobook when im trying to sleep.

Dotty

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2022, 07:41:17 PM »

Discogirl….. sending you a big hug. I try to reply to ladies I think I can help , as many ladies on this forum have helped me over the years. xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2022, 07:42:24 PM »

What's a week between friends?  Give yourself a half patch this evening then wait.  See how you feel?

Also, have a crossword book by the bed, I find it makes me tired trying to work out the answers.

discogirl

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2022, 07:56:09 PM »

flossieteacake dotty and CLKD the three muskateers.

thank you all very much.

and thats a good idea CLKD xxxx

thank you all, good night and i'll speak to you all tomorrow

xxxxx

Marchlove

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2022, 08:08:24 PM »

You are doing so well discogirl, so don’t despair.

These blips will come, horrid indeed and completely unexplainable, which is what our minds struggle with, as it wants logical answers to everything!

Your hubby sounds amazing, I’ve got one like that, so we are both lucky in that regard.

Last night was a strange one, was it the moon? A few people said to me that they didn’t sleep well.

As to what changes you should make, if any, I’d say that the advice of CLKD  to see how you feel, is the way to go.

It you wake this coming night, rest assured that other MM ladies will be awake and with you, as will I.

M x

discogirl

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2022, 08:18:20 PM »

thank you marchlove so much for that.

i never thought you know it could have been the full moon.

and yes we are lucky to have such lovely hubbys.

thanks so much. im bowled over by the support ive received on here today. truly remarkable

xxxxx

Marchlove

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2022, 08:46:32 PM »

I don’t think it was a full moon, a bit of a way off I think.
I just felt there was a shift somehow.

Hugs discogirl x

Gilla999

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2022, 08:47:48 PM »

Discogirl I can so, so relate to this post. At the very start of perimenooause I went through a horrendous bout of about 2-3 weeks of acute insomnia where I didn't sleep literally more than 1 hour a night. I became very, very ill and had to go into hospital. The pain and anguish I went through in that period will stick with me forever and a bit like having PTSD if you get a sense of it returning it sends you into a terrible spin. But if you try to think rationally  (which is hard when you're totally sleep deprived) if HRT helped you before (as it did for me) then it will help you again, and it's just a case of finding the right tweak. It's quite normal to need to adjust at times and doesn't mean you're going to go back to how things were.
I find it's always better to make changes a bit at a time in case you give yourself more problems, but try increasing a bit more and see how you go. If worst comes to the worst I found Mirtazapine an excellent calming and sedating antidepressant that switched me out of my severe bout of insomnia when nothing else (even high dose valium) could. I'm not recommending that, nor do I think you'll need it if HRT has helped you previously, just saying that there are many options, so don't ever feel like there isn't a way out.

Another vote for the crossword puzzles too - such a good thing to do in bed with a low lamp on before sleep. Sending you much love and good vibes xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4