Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Post Menopausal Bleeding  (Read 1759 times)

Clittle

Post Menopausal Bleeding
« on: September 12, 2022, 08:50:37 PM »

Hi new to the forum so any help or comforting words would be great. I’m a 50 year old woman and I didn’t have a period for 15 months and was put on patches but was allergic to adhesive, i’m now taking 2 sprays of lenzetto and 1 tablet of Utrogestan 100 and have been for 18 months then out the blue brown discharge for 2 days and a full on period with clots for 7 days then another 2 days of discharge (as you all know one wasn’t prepared for this lol). I’ve had blood tests done and i’m due to have a transvaginal scan on Weds, i also suffer with a over active bladder which i’m due to have botox in the bladder on Saturday (not looking forward to that) Ialso itch and sting in the vaginal area and is very sore. Any advice would be great.

Flossieteacake

Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 07:38:28 AM »

Hello Clittle and welcome to the forum. I am sure somebody will be along soon to give you advice about the bleeding but I just wanted to ask if you have heard of vaginal atrophy? It sounds to be like you need something for it as you have the symptoms with the bladder and vagina issues. Vagifem and Ovestin cream are the main treatments. Ovestin is a cream and Vagifem is a pessary. I would also get some vaginal moisturiser. Something like Sylk or Yes are gentle.

LSmarty

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 09:26:10 AM »

Hi

I'm post meno but due to hrt I get occasional spotting, I've been told by my doc that it will settle down.
Out of curiosity and having allergies myself, which patch were you allergic too

Tc Les xox

Clittle

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 09:36:52 AM »

I tried both patches I think one of them was conti but not sure as been a while but was allergic to both as there manufactured at the same place so used the same adhesive.
Also I wasn't just spotting this was a full on period with clots, good news though bloods all came back clear.

LSmarty

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 09:40:51 AM »

Hi

I bled on Lenzetto too, there are loads of different hrt solutions, it's just a matter of finding what's right for you

Tc Les xox

Clittle

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 03:51:46 PM »

Ok had scan today and I have a cyst on my left ovary which I'm told is quiet common, she has said I need a CA-125 blood test and have to be rescanned again.

C.C.

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 04:50:30 PM »

Hi!  I'm in my late 50's and experienced bleeding in the summer of 2020 (and I found these wonderful ladies!), I had both scans done and a d and c a few months later.  Turned out I had a few benign polyps, very common in post meno. I too have a cyst on one of my ovaries but the dr. wasn't concerned. I'm also being treated for VA, Premarin .5mg twice a week.

Good luck and let us know how things go. :)

Clittle

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 04:56:31 PM »

I will definitely talk to my doctors as I 100% have VA and becomes very painful. Will reply with results as I get them.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 09:25:42 AM »

I had abnormal bleeding around 6 years ago. At the time I was on Evorel Sequi and doc put me on Conti to see if that would help. I still bled, one time for 11 days straight. Had all the investigations, and turned out it was a uterine polyp. Had it removed as a day patient and everything been fine since.