Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is this correct?  (Read 644 times)

Roobee

Is this correct?
« on: September 11, 2022, 07:17:06 AM »

I have recently been given an extra Estrogen 25 patch to use alongside Evorel Conti. The doctor said that is fine with the amount of progesterone in the conti patch, but I have read things that suggest otherwise.
Can anyone advise please? Thank you x

mandss

Re: Is this correct?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 08:44:21 AM »

Mmm not sure, as I was informed that this could not be done in case there was not enough of the progesterone to keep the womb lining thin. I could be wrong x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 08:59:10 AM »

Morning.  MayB put the product names into the search box on the Forum to see if threads pop up?  Make notes ;-)

Nas

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 09:38:25 AM »

No,  I think you probably need a separate Oestrogen patch with progesterone now. The Conti has sufficient progesterone for the 50 Oestrogen. If you add a further 25, thats 75 and you could find the womb lining build s or you start bleeding.

Roobee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 10:48:26 AM »

Thank you ladies that is what I thought might be the case. I will call the docs and ask again.
Fanks xx

dangermouse

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 10:58:03 AM »

I would trust your doctor. I think the Sequi has the same amount of prog for half the days so the Conti use double what is needed so they don't have to manufacture a new set of patches for Conti. So if you add up what you take over the month including the 25 patch it probably works out the same ratio of O:P as the Sequi.