Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Diagnosis  (Read 604 times)

Keira74

• First Flush
Diagnosis
« on: September 08, 2022, 11:26:45 AM »

Hi. I’m new here. I had an appointment with nurse practitioner because I was into my third week of no blood on pad but blood when I wiped, varying colours. Last smear was abnormal & I had treatment. She said she couldn’t do a swab as my smear wasn’t due & that it was clearly Menopause! Is this a standard way of being diagnosed or should I see someone else at the practice for a second opinion. I am 48. Thankyou in advance to anyone who can assist

Dierdre

Re: Diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 11:37:24 AM »

If you've had abnormal smears before I would have thought you would need to be checked for any abnormal bleeding. Ask to see the doctor and a referral to have the bleeding checked. It may be just menopausal bleeding but that's not for a nurse to decide.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 01:01:14 PM »

Has she given you treatment for VA? When I had pre-cancerous cells there was bright red spotting so IMO it's likely the nurse is right. How long is it since your last smear? Maybe try the VA treatment and see a gp if it doesn't go?

Keira74

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 07:17:10 PM »

Thankyou to you both. I will be arranging to see the doctor as soon as I get back from my holiday for a second opinion x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 08:05:09 AM »

I would make the appt B4 I go on holiday because of the waiting times at some surgeries.

I would also ring the surgeon who dealt with my pre-cancerous cells for advice if the Nurse isn't willing to do a smear.