Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What causes fatigue?, high oestrogen or high progesterone?  (Read 784 times)

Vicky81

What causes fatigue?, high oestrogen or high progesterone?
« on: September 04, 2022, 07:49:04 AM »

Hi all

Quick one....which of the two causes fatigue and irritability? Too much oestrogen or too much progesterone?

Or is it too low oestrogen? I'm confused

Xx

Hurdity

Re: What causes fatigue?, high oestrogen or high progesterone?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 08:07:40 AM »

Quick answer

Excluding other causes of fatigue - Progesterone causes fatigue in large amounts (in many women) - it is a sedative. Low oestrogen will also cause fatigue - (low mood, lack of oomph or energy) in some women.

Irritability is often a pre-menstrual symptom but several factors are at play during the latter part of the menstrual cycle. Oestrogen drops rapidly, progesterone rises rapidly and then falls rapidly. One cause of pms is thought to be the fall in oestrogen and the withdrawal of progesterone (ie rapid fall) just before the period ie the last week or few days. So the change in hormone levels as wel as the effects of the hormone levels themselves

Does this help?

Hurdity x

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 08:16:05 AM »

That's brilliant hurdity.. thank you
I also sent you a Private message ....did u receive?, xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 08:18:33 AM »

Because Im on estrogen dominant birth control pill you see....  didn't think that would cause severe fatigue?,

I'm getting a full thyroid blood test tomorrow so should get results by Thursday.

Xx