Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bladder/Pelvic Pain  (Read 1159 times)

Sally4x

• First Flush
Bladder/Pelvic Pain
« on: August 30, 2022, 11:30:44 PM »

I’m 53 and perimenopausal. For the the last three years I have been getting bladder pain. At first I thought it was a UTI and antibiotics seemed to help, but it never went away for long. My bladder hurts more when full. I have gone down the route of being treated for an embedded UTI and had broth testing, but my tests are all now normal and I still have the symptoms. So UTI has now been ruled out. A cystoscopy showed a normal bladder. This is really frustrating. I do have a lot of dryness so am wondering if this is VA. Can that cause bladder pain? I am not sleeping because I get up to the toilet a few times a night as well. Thanks 

Joaniepat

Re: Bladder/Pelvic Pain
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 06:43:47 AM »

Hi Sally4x, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing bladder pain. Your urinary symptoms and dryness certainly point to VA, so treatment for that could be helpful and I suggest you ask your GP for Vagifem. Using a vaginal moisturiser, such as one of the Yes products, would also be a good idea. If the pain continues after a couple of months, it might be worth seeing a pelvic health physiotherapist.

I have also been in treatment for embedded CUTI, although was with the Prof's team at 10 Harley St. All is well now, although I still have to take Hiprex for a while yet.

Best wishes,
JP x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 07:23:54 AM »

Hello Sally. Welcome to the forum. VA does cause bladder pain. I agree with Joanniepat about asking your GP for something. You could try Ovestin too which is a milder cream compared to a pessary such as Vaigfem. Using vaginal moisturiser is very helpful too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 08:14:04 AM »

Morning.   :welcomemm:  I agree, this may be vaginal atrophy.  We have a 'bladder issues' thread which may be useful.  Ring your Surgery and ask for appropriate VA treatment, you don't need an exam or blood tests.

When my symptoms niggle I take 2 'nurofen' 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.

Sally4x

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 10:11:35 AM »

I have been under Dr Anderson for over two years and I no longer have any indication of infection. I do though have this pain. And it gets me down so much. To have pain and all scans and tests being normal is so bittersweet.

Thanks - I will look up the bladder issues thread. I have been feeling so alone in this.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 08:25:20 PM by Sally4x »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 10:13:18 AM »

I have been under Dr Anderson for over two years and I no longer have any indication of infection. I do that have this pain. And it gets me down so much. To have pain and all scans and tests being normal is so bittersweet.

Thanks - I will look up the bladder issues thread. I have been feeling so alone in this.

I can understand why you are feeling alone but you need not be alone now that you have found us. You will find support on here.

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 01:38:53 PM »

My VA symptoms always started off with bladder pain before ending up with intense burning. I’m curious why VA was never mentioned to you as a possible cause given all the tests you have had and been cleared.

Give the treatment a try, hopefully it will be the answer you are looking for, no harm in trying!