Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on continuous HRT  (Read 952 times)

ecn

Bleeding on continuous HRT
« on: August 18, 2022, 08:59:27 PM »

I am currently experiencing yet another bleed while taking continuous HRT (Oestrogel and Utrogestan)
I have been on this regime for 1.5 years (2.5 years on HRT) and have just recently had a polyp removed as they thought this was the cause of the bleeding. Each time I have a bleed I feel terrible a couple of weeks before. This time I have had excruciating hip pain which has now nearly gone since I have started bleeding. Could it still be an actual period I am experiencing? I am 56 and have no idea where I am in the menopause, as started HRT when peri. I have a doctors appointment on Monday to talk things through.
Should I go back to having a regular bleed or completely change HRT, as I have not felt great since I turned 50!
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

joziel

Re: Bleeding on continuous HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 09:13:56 PM »

I think you probably need to ask your doctor to run bloods. Make sure your estrogen isn't sky high, as that can cause bleeding. See if your FSH indicates you are menopausal yet. If not, you might be better on sequential...

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »

How long ago did you have the polypectomy done ecn? Was the polyp sent off for testing etc.
I had a hysteroscopy recently & bled for a week after the procedure.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 10:11:57 PM »

It's possible you're still peri at 56,some women are in their early 60s before reaching meno. I was still pretty much regular when I started hrt aged 57. A mirena may be an option if you want to bleed free, it usually stops bleeding. If not then sequi may be a good option. Might be worth keeping a diary so you can see how often they are and if there seems to be a cycle.

ecn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 07:33:24 PM »

Thanks everyone. I spoke to my GP today and she's agreed to take full bloods - including FSH, oestrogen and testosterone. Hoping it will be useful!

Jan1234

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 07:13:00 PM »

Ecn hi this is exactly what im going through  im 58 ive been on ultrogeston and oestrogel conti since feb after having a polyp removed and been continously havjng bleeds,  the last 2 months my bleeding as been coming less im now just like a period every 3-4 weeks but feel lousy about 10 days before i also have terrible pain in right side of hip my physio said it could be related to eastrogen levals but my gp refuse to do hormone tests the pain comes and goes like you last night could not lie on that side it waa so sore today started to spot and pain eased i know this is going to go into a full period,  my gp as referred me back to gynecology again got app next month, by the way i been on hrt for years and only been like this since being on this hrt its mad because when i dont bleed i feel great loads of energy and normal. Please keep us updated when you get your blood results.