Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti patches  (Read 972 times)

AnneS

Evorel Conti patches
« on: August 18, 2022, 02:50:42 PM »

Hi !
I've been on Evorel Conti patches since November... I've had some bleeding issues and was referred for a womb biopsy which came back all fine . I also take Estradiol pessaries for vaginal atrophy. I have recently been experiencing breast tenderness/ pain ... particularly in left breast ... not too concerned as no lump or anything but thought it best to get it checked . Doctor examination today was all fine but still referred for a mammogram to be on safe side ( again not too concerned as had one in February and all clear ) BUT .... the doctor casually mentioned that I should not be taking the patches AND the pessaries so needed to either change my hrt or stop the pessaries!!! I just feel like I'm getting settled on this regime so really reluctant to change !! Any advice please ? I'm so confused ( again !!! ) xx

Limpy

Re: Evorel Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 03:26:12 PM »

Hi Anne - Your doctor is wrong. Many women need local oestrogen as well as systemic HRT to deal with VA symptoms. I believe the NICE guidelines state this. Certainly the treatments button at the top of the page has -
"VAGINAL TREATMENTS
Local estrogen can be used for vaginal and bladder symptoms, when systemic treatment is not desired or appropriate. For some women, vaginal estrogen may be required along with systemic HRT."

Speak to your GP again showing the information you've got from here. Another option might be to email Dr Currie though I think she may be away at the moment. Your GP sounds to have out of date information. Good Luck.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 05:07:58 PM »

I agree with Limpy. I've been on both for 8 years now.

Taz x

AnneS

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 05:36:46 PM »

Ah thanks for your replies ... I did think this went totally against the view of the original GP who prescribed them ! The trouble with my surgery is you rarely get to see the same doctor and they all have varying expertise re the menopause! ( varying from little to non ! 😩) The last doctor I saw asked if I had "gone through the change " !!!

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 05:43:40 PM »

Hi !
I've been on Evorel Conti patches since November... I've had some bleeding issues and was referred for a womb biopsy which came back all fine . I also take Estradiol pessaries for vaginal atrophy. I have recently been experiencing breast tenderness/ pain ... particularly in left breast ... not too concerned as no lump or anything but thought it best to get it checked . Doctor examination today was all fine but still referred for a mammogram to be on safe side ( again not too concerned as had one in February and all clear ) BUT .... the doctor casually mentioned that I should not be taking the patches AND the pessaries so needed to either change my hrt or stop the pessaries!!! I just feel like I'm getting settled on this regime so really reluctant to change !! Any advice please ? I'm so confused ( again !!! ) xx
   No. I have been on both Evorel Conti and Vagifem for about 4 years now.