Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ovestin  (Read 1745 times)

Weeloz

Ovestin
« on: August 15, 2022, 11:22:12 PM »

Phone appt with gp explained how one as still really sore like ripping when having sex even though I am using vagiriux. He prescribed Ovesten . He did I can use this instead of vagirux
Does anyone else do this and any advice welcome 're using it ,How often, where to use it etc
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:40:12 AM by Weeloz »

Minusminnie

Re: Ovesten
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 05:30:14 AM »

Hi Weeloz
The Ovestin is a weaker oestrogen Estriol whereas the Vagifrux is a stronger Estradiol.

As you say that you are still sore you could try using the Vagifrux with some Ovestin around the outside areas.  You also could ask for more Vagifrux depending on how often you are using it.

You may find if you use the Ovestin instead of Vagifrux that it helps but it is the weaker option and if you are using Vagifrux already i don't really understand why the GP mentioned that you could use it instead.  It is all trial and error to see what works for you and what you are prepared to try.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 07:08:39 AM »

I agree with Minusminnie. It is helpful to use the vagifrux and the ovestin together. The ovestin can be applied to the outer area.

I think it is best not to have sex while you are in this pain because you will be delaying your healing. If the skin keeps ripping it will only make you more sore.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 08:40:17 AM »

Another GP who knows nowt about VA ?

MayB use the 'vagifrux' morning and evening for 5 days as well as 'ovestin' round the outer labial areas at night.  As for sex, 4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there so DH knew not to even think about being intimate. 

Amazing grace

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »

I use ovestin, at first every day for 2 weeks, then twice a week internally with the applicator, small amount spread all around externally, it works very well for me, no problems anymore, I also use yes vm every 3 days and hydromol ointment to wash with and also use that externally on labia after a shower, I was on vagifem and no matter how much I used the symptoms got worse, soreness, swelling and terrible irritated bladder much worse than my original symptoms eventually gp examined me and I was having a reaction to the vagifem, it may be you need more vagifrux or both that and ovestin but be aware some ladies react to the fillers in some products, I'm not saying this is the case for you, but it certainly was for me, the ovestin worked much better without the awful side effects but that's my personal experience, sometimes it's just finding a product that suits you better, good luck I hope ovestin works x

Weeloz

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 09:02:43 AM »

Thank you for the replies
Amazing Grace do you use this at night. . Sorry my male gp didn't say Much apart from use it instead of vagirux😐  I don't know how often to use it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:04:25 AM by Weeloz »

Amazing grace

Re: Ovestin
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 10:23:37 AM »

Hi, yes I use at night just before going to bed, don't worry though if you get up for the loo, some of it does come out that's just the cream base the estrogen is absorbed pretty quickly, I also apply a pea size amount around the outside at the same time, if you get any burning on the outside mix it with a bit of vaginal moisturiser like yes vm, until you get used to it, hope it works well for you x

Amazing grace

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 10:28:45 AM »

Forgot to say, if you are doing a loading dose it's every night for 2 to 4 weeks, then reduce to twice a week I do Monday and Thursday night, you may need to use it more often, my gp said it was fine to use every day or every other day, it's what keeps your symptoms at bay, I do fine on twice weekly, but some do much better using more often, just to add I probably do OK with twice weekly because I use estrogel aswell, are you on systemic hrt? X

Weeloz

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 10:38:26 AM »

This may be a stupid question but if I use it internally  can I have intercourse after using it or do I use it after intercourse . Sorry for sounding thick but this is all new to me 😐

Amazing grace

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 10:44:24 AM »

Your not sounding thick at all, it's a good question and one I wanted to know myself so I asked my gp, as there's nothing about sex in the PIL that comes with it, my gp told me to use it after sex x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 11:27:39 AM »

Don't attempt penetration until these symptoms have eased.  There is a risk of tearing of the very thin vaginal walls, until the VA treatment plumps up the skin, it will be very painful.  There are others ways after all and if your partner insists  :-\.  Time to get to know other parts of the body ;-).

I know when he is likely to ........... so insert afterwards.

joziel

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 11:31:12 AM »

Weeloz, you are probably going to find it easier to use Vagirux internally AS WELL as Ovestin externally.

Some GPs are really behind the times here and don't want to prescribe both. But you are putting them in different areas and the vagina and the vulva actually have different blood supplies. What you put up the vagina, may not help the vulva to feel better...

At the moment I use Vagifem every night and then I put some Ovestin on the side of the Vagifem applicator, and make sure to wipe it off right in the entrance to the vagina - because that's the bit which gets sorest. So I use both every night and then YES OB or Olive and Bee externally in the morning.

The thing about using Ovestin internally, is because it's a cream, it can be a lot more messy and just come out everywhere. And if you use it after sex, it may just (um!) mix with other fluids up there  ::) and create even more stuff to come out during the night! Whereas that doesn't happen so much with the pessaries. Which is why - save the Ovestin for the outside is best usually, I find, and use the pessaries internally.

From September you will be able to buy Gina pessaries in any pharmacy without a prescription - they are the same as Vagifem and Vagirux, just a different brand. So if you have a difficult GP who only wants to prescribe one thing, get the Ovestin from him and buy your own Gina....

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 11:48:03 AM »

Whereas I have no discharge at all, because I insert deeply at night then lay still. 

Amazing grace

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 12:11:52 PM »

I too barely have any cream coming out because I insert as high as possible, personally never found it messy x

Amazing grace

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 12:18:27 PM »

Just a personal thing too, I found vagifem gave me a horrible sticky discharge, not like a natural moisture it was almost glue like, with ovestin I find the moisture is much more natural more wet and not dry and sticky, x
Pages: [1] 2