Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone stop hrt to see if weight gain was water retention?  (Read 11579 times)

Dierdre

Re: Anyone stop hrt to see if weight gain was water retention?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 09:48:39 AM »

I always put alot of weight on when taking the contraceptive pill years ago (dropped off each time I stopped using this method), but not all women do.  I would imagine HRT would have the same effect with some women.
I've put weight on the last few years but only on local estrogen, would be interesting to know if this causes weight gain also ?

Gilla999

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 10:37:28 AM »

I had the same problem with the Pill so perhaps no surprise I experienced it with HRT too - perhaps some women are more susceptible to it!

Perinowpost

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 11:05:05 AM »

Ditto, I put weight on with the pill. I think that’s the key some women are more susceptible than others x

emj201

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 12:56:56 PM »

I stopped taking oestrogel (1/12 pump a day for a year and a half) and lost 1.5kg in water weight in a week. I think it might be to do with having the same amount of estrogen everyday. This isn't how the body usually cylces estrogen and i think that it might just build up too if you don't metabolise estrogen well. Stop and see what happsn maybe?

Bungo

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 03:46:53 PM »

Thanks emj201. That's reassuring to hear ,even now. The weight stabilized last Autumn so the panic is over..for now( I just love the unpredictability of menopause😃). Very interesting though to hear that it's water weight

Sossie

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2023, 08:44:37 AM »

Not sure if it was water but I definitely put on weight.  I am 5’7” and was 63kg when I started HRT, and 67kg when I stopped.  Within a few weeks I was down to 64kg which is my current weight. 

Having said that, I had a lot more energy so was walking more regularly and going on longer runs, so that would have influenced it as well.  Happened quite quickly though so could well have been water weight.

emj201

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2023, 04:43:35 PM »

I think that definitely sounds like water weight flushing out. I think that weight gain might be a sign of the dose being too high. The. Ish only uses small amount normally and with her we seem to through a hammer at it often.

Shorty Pants

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 08:53:26 AM »

I've just withdrawn from my patches over 5 weeks.  Like you, I'm only small (Hence my user name), but along with the mirena coil 15 years ago, then evorel patches 18 months ago, put on around 1.5 stones.  A lot for my height and build and I hate it, having being very lean and fit previously.
Since stopping the patches, I've lost 8lbs.  Most of that was water I suspect as at the risk of TMI, I peed for England after every time I cut the patch smaller! ;D
I feel your pain with this, as I'm currently getting hot flushes and other meno symptoms back...  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]