Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Help needed please - are these the symptoms of too high or too low oestrogen?  (Read 4259 times)

Gnatty

Do do! It's a real game changer x

Pippa52

It’s now firmly on my wish and to do list!!👍🥰

Marchlove

This might be what’s making the difference Pippa this time round on the oestrogel, compared with when you were taking it for 20 years.

Perhaps before your adrenals were making sufficient amounts of testosterone to balance you, but with age and stress they are now unable to do so.

M x

Floo36

I would say your symptoms are what I have for Estrogen deficiency.  Perhaps try a different type. 

Pippa52

This might be what’s making the difference Pippa this time round on the oestrogel, compared with when you were taking it for 20 years.

Perhaps before your adrenals were making sufficient amounts of testosterone to balance you, but with age and stress they are now unable to do so.

M x

You may well be right it sounds more than likely .. thank you ….. I will most definitely pursue it … xx

Pippa52

I would say your symptoms are what I have for Estrogen deficiency.  Perhaps try a different type.

Hi Floo .. I have just changed 2 weeks ago to Oestrogel as neither patches or spray worked for me personally . I have slowly upped the dose of Oestrogel and have to say today have felt quite a bit better. Fingers crossed it lasts XX

Floo36

Fingers crossed it works for you

Pippa52

Fingers crossed it works for you

Thanks so much Floo.  Just had an oestrogen blood level test today so will be interesting to see what that comes back as x

Kenny

Hi Pippa, can I ask what your starting dose was, thanks Carolyn

Pippa52

Hi Pippa, can I ask what your starting dose was, thanks Carolyn

Hi Kenny - I was on Oestrogel for many years before the HRT shortages.  On starting back on it this time I was put on 2 pumps but I had been on a similar dose on another type of HRT so didn't start from scratch if that makes sense. I  have gradually increased it to what I was on originally which is 2 and  3/4 pumps a day.  Hope so much this helps x

2cats

Gnatty how long did it take for you to feel the benefits of testosterone? I’ve been using it for 11 days and can’t say I feel any better yet. Mood is still up and down, anxiety bad and lack of energy but I’m praying something shifts soon…

joziel

Testosterone can be quite slow to help apparently. Like... 6 months.... although I felt improvements in about 3-4 weeks.

Pippa52

Today I went for blood tests - oestrogen level, thyroid tests, liver and kidney function, FBC etc and joy of joy picked up the container to do the 24 hour urine collection to check for Catecholamines.  I have to avoid certain foods etc for 48 hours prior to starting it so will do it on Sunday. Consultant just playing safe and checking everything out but have to say I'm really not worried re the results.  I am pretty sure all the symptoms have been from the changes in types and doses of HRT over the past 4 months or so. Like I said - I'm coming back as a man!  The Nurse taking the blood said it's disgusting the way women's health is sidelined sometimes.  If men had the Menopause it would have been treated and sorted years ago :) Hope so much everyone is having a better day today xx

joziel

What are catecholamines then?! Not heard of that one  ;D 

Gnatty

Hi 2cats, yes I'm afraid its going to take a bit longer than 11 days! You may notice improvement in libido in just a few weeks. Other things like energy, sense of well being for me took another few weeks. And it's a gradual thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5