Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: test results information and feeling better  (Read 955 times)

pepperminty

test results information and feeling better
« on: August 09, 2022, 10:42:59 AM »

Just got my results back from medichecks fro estrogen and testosterone,

I have not been aching and not had so much stiffness and pain lately  - so for my own interest got the test done.

My estrogen has gone down from 326 to 236 pmol/L
T from 1 mnol/ L  to 1.35 mnol/L
FREE T from 0.005/nmol/L to 0.006 nmol/L
 SHBG From 180 TO 192

so my testosterone has gone up a bit.

My estrogen down a bit - the lowest it has ever been is 295 in 2019 - I know that at mid 50's i am more than defo'  post menopausal.
I have had more energy recently.
I have upped my magnesium , which has increased my Vit D without having to up that . Low  Vit D can cause pain etc.

Although we all know that it is how you feel not your results- it is funny that for the first time in months if not years I am not seizing up like a rusty old spring by the end of the day and have a little more energy.

I have also been using a B vitamin spray - as we get older our ability to absorb vitamins etc declines .

This appears to be helping at the moment - we must not put all our eggs in the HRT basket.
But i also believe that my bones , which after Dexa scan are that of a 30 year old is due to my HRT. I have family history of osteoporosis, and most women's bone density/ health  declines at 50  - and you do not know it until you fall and get a broken bone and fracture.

PMxx

joziel

Re: test results information and feeling better
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:33 AM »

pepperminty, thanks, very interesting.

What have your estrogen levels ranged to and from, over the years? (If this is your lowest, what has been your highest? And what has it been most of the time?)

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 11:35:43 AM »

pepperminty, thanks, very interesting.

What have your estrogen levels ranged to and from, over the years? (If this is your lowest, what has been your highest? And what has it been most of the time?)

367 has been my highest estrogen an this is my lowest- i had a feeling it had dropped. It is  always around the 300 to 350 mark.

So i will add a little more and see what happens now -  I have been doing this a little already with no ill effects .

PMxx

joziel

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 12:19:48 PM »

Thanks. Good to know you can have the bones of a 30 year old on those levels and not have to try to get to 400-600 or anything!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 12:33:37 PM »

Brisk exercise can help stave off osteoporosis too.  Skipping anyone ?  ;)

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 06:01:44 PM »

Thanks. Good to know you can have the bones of a 30 year old on those levels and not have to try to get to 400-600 or anything!

I have never had that higher estrogen - but I only started testing in 2019. I do not always think higher is better, but as long as we are about 250 i think that is the minimum level for bone health. So i will add a little more estrogen and that should increase my levels a tad. Then i will test around xmas when they have another special offer along with my vitamin D and B12 , as I know i need to carry on upping them.

PMXX

joziel

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 08:39:27 PM »

Yes, I think 250-300 sounds like a great place to be for most women if symptoms are okay.  :)

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 06:38:06 AM »

Yes, I think 250-300 sounds like a great place to be for most women if symptoms are okay.  :)

I think you are right as high levels when you are post meno don't seem to be good for most. I just wonder why my joint pain has lessened - also have more energy. It seems a bit of a coincidence that my T has gone up.
I wonder if it has increased due to my magnesium and Vitamin D increase?

I found the below

Vitamin D can this way improve your production and regulation of testosterone (among other things). In fact, studies that involve getting participants to take extra vitamin D have shown it to increase levels of testosterone by up to 25% over the course of a year.

Most are deficient of Vitamin D - the current levels set in the UK are to prevent deficiency , which is not a good healthy level.

PMxx