Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My mother - 81-year old - on HRT and bleeding  (Read 4052 times)

Cocobra

Re: My mother - 81-year old - on HRT and bleeding
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2022, 07:16:01 PM »

Dear all,
What an incredible story in Jamaica! But thanks for all the other stories: always useful to compare and contrast…
My mum has been called for pre-op visit this Thursday: we are relieved it’s operable though we have not spoken to the doctors yet, but likely to involve some post-op therapy as an oncologist friend suggested. I’m emotionally exhausted: lost my husband to cancer at 39, had my current partner under the knife for a rare form of skin cancer last February and now this. I just want to go to sleep. No need to response: just saying how it all feels right now is enough!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »

One can only help if one is healthy one self  ;)

:foryou:

SevenOfNine

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2022, 07:49:38 AM »

Cocobra, I've been thinking about you & the situation with your mum, apologies for hijacking your thread to add my own tale!  I do hope things go well for her, & you, you've had more than your fair share of vile cancer attacking your loved ones & I know how that feels. Fingers crossed for her. xx

Cocobra

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2022, 08:48:24 AM »

Dear SevenOfNine,

are you really a seventh child of 9?  ;)

Warmest thanks for your thoughts: you did not hijack anything! I find this forum so useful precisely because we criss-cross each other with experiences and views: that's what makes it such a rich ground for learning how to resolve situations that come our way.

Pre-op went well yesterday: they confirmed that cancer is localised, but that a post-op therapy will be needed. Tricky to manage as I live abroad ... But we'll manage somehow. Have an appointment myself with a gyne next week: I'll be sure to have a good transvaginal ultrasound to check the state of my endometrium!

All best to you all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2022, 09:00:40 AM »

Tnx for the update  :foryou:
Pages: 1 2 [3]