Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: off balance / dizziness( vestibular migraine) will HRT heip or make it worse?  (Read 1340 times)

lilian

I know many of you suffer from dizziness starting peri, and to be more specific mine is
the off balance feeling, feel faint feeling, not comfortable standing still,  after the Doctor ruled out other things, they said this is vestibular migraine ,  I am not on HRT yet ,  but has been looking around on the forum for answer, and one post said HRT did not help ..... still
suffered after so many years ? I am worried now

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:31:26 PM by lilian »

Taz2

Re: off balance vestibular migraine will HRT heip?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 06:57:28 PM »

I'm not sure that HRT will help with vestibular migraine but I'm wondering what medications you have tried already?

Taz x

lilian

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 07:10:59 PM »

Hello, Taz

I tried betahistine it  worked like AD, so many side effect.      I do not have headache ,  just this off balance feeling.......

wonder anyone else is in the same boat

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 07:13:38 PM »

I have retinal migraine but HRT hasn't changed it. Have you had a look at The Migraine Trust site? https://migrainetrust.org/understand-migraine/types-of-migraine/vesibular/ Dizziness can be so disabling so I do feel for you

Taz x

lilian

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 07:28:15 PM »

Taz2, 

poor me ,  I have that too,  a little star last for one second,  but just wondering if the off balance dizziness feeling  can be  improved by HRT
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:30:38 PM by lilian »

Taz2

Have you been referred to a neurologist? You need to rule out other things really. Flunarazine seems to be the most recommended medication. Betahistine seems to work better for menieres disease. How often do you get attacks?

If they are caused by the fluctuating hormones then HRT might even things out and if used as well as migraine medication you'd be giving it the best shot.

Taz x

lilian

Taz 2
been to the  Neurologist in the past , just said vestibular migraine, but what causes it , still a puzzle

Taz2

Ah sorry I didn't realise you'd been seen by a neurologist. Have you ruled out dietary stuff? Chocolate, cheese, etc? Lack of sleep is a common cause too as is dehydration.

Taz x

lilian

Taz

No chocolate , no cheese for me,  cheese is a factor though

Taz2

lilian

thanks TAZ

many things come to my mind ,  could it be the neck , or ever the use of antibiotic

Taz2

You should have had a thorough investigation by the neurologist and they must have ruled out other causes I suppose? The unsteady feeling is very unsettling. Do you get the feeling like you are still moving even when you've stopped? There is one antibiotic which caused this with me. Lymecycline.