Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Premature menopause  (Read 695 times)

Mollymoo

Premature menopause
« on: July 25, 2022, 02:15:39 PM »

Hello.
I went through early menopause at age 20 and was on the pill for many years. I am now on hrt to protect my bones as I have osteopenia due to early meno.
I am now 50 and have switched from oral to patch and have not been my usual self since.
I am so tempted to just quit hrt because I don't jave any meno symptoms other than the bone loss and emotional moods which is probably normal for any woman ha ha.
Would you stop taking hrt if you had osreopenia.
I am so worried Voit long term effects of not taking anything bit can't cope with feeling so crap all the time.
What would you do x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Premature menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 02:50:49 PM »

Nothing immediately!

When did U last have a bone scan of pelvis and hips and what advice were you given about protecting your skeleton and jaw line? 

Brisk, impact walking really helps, with or without HRT.   (skipping anyone? )  ;). 10 mins daily should be enough though depending on where you live, you may be tempted into the countryside or town walks.

Good diet full of dairy and protein is essential. 

Why did you swap your regime ? 

Mollymoo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 03:27:59 PM »

Hello thanks for your reply.
I changed because I feel that patch form would be a safer option now that I am older. I take the patch and the progestorene tablet separately and I am knackered. Fall asleep on sofa after work, wake like a zombie in the morning and have a very dry mouth. Recently I have had a sore back and an uncomfortable feeling of a period but no period.
I never had this when taking the oral hrt.
I had a bone scan about a year ago and it showed my bone health had improved since my diagnosis x
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:53:19 PM by Keohane1 »

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 04:19:26 PM »

Hi Keohane

Welcome to the forum!

Well, that’s good news that your bone health has improved, but what to do about how you feel is equally as important.

What dosage of patch are you taking and what strength Utrogestan? X

Mollymoo

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 07:34:53 PM »

I am on evorel 75 and utrogestan 100

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 07:43:07 PM »

That's good that your bone health is improving. 

Marchlove

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 08:05:09 PM »

Hi Keohane

A few questions-
How long ago did you switch?
Often a new regime takes time too settle.
Are you on continuous?

I’m inclined to think you should perhaps revert to oral, but it’s worth staying with what you’ve got at the moment whilst you try and figure out what is happening and how to proceed.

X

Mollymoo

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 08:18:09 PM »

Hi
Yes I am on continous.
I was thinking I should stay on the lowest dose tablet as this worked for me.
Gp suggested the patch due to me now being 50 and risk of clots with tablet form hrt.
I went from tablet to evorel conti. My mood was snappy and tearful so gp suggested we up the patch but it had to be seperate estogen and progestorone which is what I am now taking.
I stopped taking it two days ago after a couple of months because it makes me anxious if I feel rubbish.
I just want to feel and be normal. I don't want to keep trying different medications.
I don't suffer from most symptoms thY menopause women experience. I just need to protect my bones due to such an early meno x

Marchlove

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 09:11:24 PM »

It’s a difficult position, but I would certainly consider going back to your original regime and you should settle. Low dose is good.

This could give you space to consider your way forward.

You should get back to your Gp and tell them exactly how’ve you been.

Emotional symptoms are very much a symptom of menopause so don’t think for one moment it’s anything else if you’ve never had this before. X