Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie needing advice  (Read 1008 times)

Nikkia77

• First Flush
Newbie needing advice
« on: July 25, 2022, 10:10:01 AM »

Hello
I picked up my first HRT prescription at the weekend & I've got a couple of questions that I wondered if anyone could help with x

I’ve got utrogestan 100, the instructions on the pharmacy label say
‘Take one for first 12 days of cycle’
(I’ve checked with them & this was definitely what was written on the prescription)

But the instructions on the leaflet say take 2 on days 15 to 26 or take 1 from day 1 to day 25

I’m confused
Do I attempt to get a appointment with dr to query it or do I just follow the instructions on the pharmacy label and why?

Also, are there any supplements you CAN’T take with HRT?
I don’t take any ‘menopause specific’ supplements, more PMS ones like evening primrose, magnesium, that sort of thing

Thanks in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie needing advice
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 11:55:12 AM »

Criky why can't the medical profession get their heads together  ::)

I would ring the GP and ask.  Many are totally unaware of how HRT should be delivered. 

Hopefully someone here on that regime will be along to give advice.  In the meantime, put the product names - separately - in2 the search box on the Forum and see what pops up; make notes ;-)

Browse round. We talk about everything here.

Have you found the supplements help at all?  If 1 has a good diet, regular exercise regime as well as being hydrated, 1 shouldn't require supplements.  Many will pass through the gut/bladder if the body doesn't require it.

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 04:29:24 PM »

Also, are there any supplements you CAN’T take with HRT?
I don’t take any ‘menopause specific’ supplements, more PMS ones like evening primrose, magnesium, that sort of thing

Welcome to MM from me too Nikkia77,
Sorrry I can't help with the first part of your question but I think we are to avoid St Johns Wort as a supplement, can't remember why, however if you click on the TREATMENTS section above in pink it will direct you to lots of advice.  :)

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 05:23:35 PM »

Hi are you peri or post menopausal? x

Nikkia77

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 08:24:34 PM »

Hi are you peri or post menopausal? x

Peri