Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awful Vibrating feeling  (Read 2139 times)

Dawnp

Awful Vibrating feeling
« on: July 23, 2022, 08:43:27 AM »

I posted a couple of days ago that I think my patches have stopped working. As a result of that I have developed an awful internal vibrating feeling. It’s not like anxiety shakes. It’s more like being on a vibrating table. When I lie down on the bed it is as if the bed is vibrating. It is absolutely unbearable. Does anyone else have any experience of this? I feel so terrible that I could just cry my eyes out at the moment.

Pippa52

Re: Awful Vibrating feeling
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 09:01:11 AM »

I posted a couple of days ago that I think my patches have stopped working. As a result of that I have developed an awful internal vibrating feeling. It’s not like anxiety shakes. It’s more like being on a vibrating table. When I lie down on the bed it is as if the bed is vibrating. It is absolutely unbearable. Does anyone else have any experience of this? I feel so terrible that I could just cry my eyes out at the moment.

DawnP - I'm so sorry that you are suffering so.  I don't have any personal experience of this but side effects from HRT (or lack of or too much of) seem to so huge and varied.  I am sure some of the ladies on here will be able to empathise with you.  I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you are suffering and hope so much you find an answer very soon x

Nas

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 09:09:43 AM »

Dawn, what strength patches are you on?
Have you had a blood test to check absorption?

Do you have other symptoms?

Maybe you need a different HRT delivery type? I may thinking my 75 patch has stoped working too or I need a higher dose.

Sending you a hug 🤗 x

ATB

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 09:58:00 AM »

Yes, similar to what you’re describing, I had what they call palpitations although it didn’t feel like I thought palpitations would. I had very much thumping pounding heart beat, it often felt like I was moving and I know a few other members have discussed it here. I got it when I lowered my estrogen patch from 75 to 50. My doctor told me it can be from fluctuating hormones or too low estrogen, so I was advised to wait awhile before adjusting to see if it would settle down which it did after about a month or maybe slightly longer. My Mum also has this and still happens to her now in her 70’s, I don’t think she is on enough estrogen. I get fluttery feelings during or coming up to my period but no more pounding or shaking feeling.

I’m sorry, I know it’s awful and I hope it passes soon. I would discuss it with your GP. You may need to increase your patch, unless you’ve lowered it recently and you think it might be fluctuating that’s bothering you. I would tell your GP either way. Sending hugs x

joziel

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »

This is exactly what I'm getting at the moment, but for me it was worse at higher doses and better when I reduced. I'm now at 37.5 and it's still happening but not in as extreme a way. I wake throughout the night, feel that I'm throbbing a bit like this and can now go back to sleep (to wake another hour later and find the same thing).

I think it is associated with palpitations and high blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause palpitations apparently. And would also explain the throbbing and feeling that the bed is moving. But it's a mystery to me why estrogen is causing me to react like this seeing it is allegedly supposed to help blood pressure...  ::)

At 50, I felt like the bed itself was moving under me. At first I thought it was my husband scratching himself  ;D so I sat up quickly, to see what he was doing before he could stop(!) - but he was fast asleep and that's when I realised it was coming from me.  :o 

When I went up to 75, I laid awake in bed all night with a fluttering in my chest (which tends to happen at the same time as this throbbing) and I even went to A&E the next day - but had a normal ECG.

If you look back at the thread about 'allergy to estrogen' there are many of us suffering from this kind of thing. But for me it seems to be caused by estrogen itself and the more I take, the worse my symptoms get....

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 10:59:48 AM »

Yes I used to get the vibrating feeling....it went when I got onto the right dose of oestrogen xx

Tora

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 11:26:31 AM »

I think I get the same vibrating feeling. It starts around day 12 after I’ve reduced oestrogen but quickly goes when I’ve returned to correct dosage. For me it’s related to anxiety returning. Have you noticed if it’s cyclical/progesterone related?
Hope it goes soon.

Floradora

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 12:13:49 PM »

Yes the vibrating buzzing feeling was one of my main symptoms. It’s most annoying isn’t it. I do hope once you get on the right estrogen dose that it clears up.x

lilian

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 01:01:09 PM »

happed to me too just recently,  it is terrifying

joziel

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 01:17:40 PM »

Yes I used to get the vibrating feeling....it went when I got onto the right dose of oestrogen xx

Dotty, what was your right dose, did you need to go up or down?

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2022, 01:38:30 PM »

Hi I had to increase the oestrogen to stop my symptoms. x

joziel

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 02:28:23 PM »

Thanks Dotty, can I ask - was this one of your pre-HRT symptoms as well?

I guess I'm trying to work out - those of you who have experienced this and needed to increase estrogen to get rid of it, it would suggest it was due to low estrogen (for you) right? But did you have this before you had any estrogen, before HRT? Because that would be when you had even lower estrogen....??

Dawnp

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 05:45:08 PM »

Thank you all for your replies. I’m on 150 patches because I wasn’t absorbing well but I think I will have to change to something else. Possibly tablets, as all the other options are absorbed through the skin.
It is, at least, good to know I’m not the only one that vibrates. I thought I was going mad. Good grief. It’s hard work isn’t it.

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 06:27:09 PM »

Hi Joziel yes I had this symptom in peri before I started hrt. I had no idea what it was or what was causing it . Hrt stopped it x

joziel

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 08:07:22 PM »

Interesting Dotty. I didn't have it before HRT.

Dawn, just because you didn't absorb the patches well, doesn't mean you won't absorb gel or spray - they work very differently and some women absorb one of the other really well and not others...
Pages: [1] 2