Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovestrin: when, how, sex, PENISES??  (Read 1268 times)

Me

Ovestrin: when, how, sex, PENISES??
« on: July 21, 2022, 08:30:16 PM »

Hi all
Have now got some Ovestin cream.
Anyone know what is the best time of day?  At bed time?
I had been under the impression that it was for applying in and around the vulva but it has come with an applicator plunger.
Lastly, if using it internally, what about having sex?  Surely it shouldn't come into contact with a man's penis?
Thanks in advance. ;D

joziel

Re: Ovestrin: when, how, sex, PENISES??
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 08:36:11 PM »

Do you also have any Vagifem? I use Vagifem internally and the Ovestin externally.

But you can also use Ovestin everywhere, internally and externally. If you haven't been given anything else to use internally, I'd use the Ovestin and the applicator for internally and then also use a small amount of it externally on the vulva.

Put it in before bed because it can leak out everywhere. That's why I prefer Vagifem internally, much less messy as it's a little tablet which dissolves. Maybe ask if you can have that for internally and save the Ovestin for the outside.

As for sex, it's going to be difficult if you're using it every night. When you've done the loading dose and are on 2x weekly, that's easier... Otherwise, have sex first and then go put it in... It gets absorbed within a few hours but you want to avoid him getting it on his penis before that.

Me

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 08:43:51 PM »

Hi joziel
thanks for your reply.
I asked for it mainly for bladder issues.  I've been on Estrogel and Utrogestan but clearly didn't need it as the gel was causing horrendous side effects and I feel much better since stopping.  The issues I was trying to solve have of course returned and one of them is problems 'down there';  dryness, very sensitive, feeling bruised after sex and the urgent need to pee problem, more frequently resulting in 'accidents' because I can't get my knickers down quick enough.  Is there a different 'result' for using it internally/externally? 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 09:43:12 PM »

You need to use Ovestin at night. I started with it but went over to Vagifem, you can use that at anytime of the day.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 12:20:15 AM »

You probably want to use it both internally and externally to be sure you’re getting it where it needs to be for bladder issues. Still recommend Vagifem over Ovestin for internal tho.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 07:55:40 AM »

I use 'ovestin' for both.  Applied at night. If symptoms niggle I put an 'extra' dose up in the afternoon and take 2 Nurofen capsules.  I slar a little 'ovestin' around the outer labia or use KY Jelly.

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 09:23:36 AM »

By the way, when I saw this useless last GP, she was writing down everything I'm taking and dosages. She said:

"Where are you putting the Ovestin? You're not putting it on your labia are you??"

And I was like - er - where else would I be applying it? On my feet? (Okay I didn't say that, but I thought it.)

Then since I didn't quite know how to answer that (because the answer was yes and I didn't know how to moderate that into something acceptable to her!), she pulled up this diagram of a woman's genitalia on her computer, just in case I didn't know female anatomy...

Finally she begrudgingly said I could apply it 'very very sparingly' to the urethra.  ;D ;D ;D

This is a doctor allegedly doing a menopause training with the BMS. The mind boggles. I kind of felt like writing to the BMS and saying 'please don't accredit this doctor'....  ::)