Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Half Patches  (Read 1010 times)

AH10

Half Patches
« on: July 14, 2022, 11:52:49 AM »

Good afternoon ladies,  would appreciate your views on this.

I’ve been on half Evrol Conti patches for about 2 years as any higher dose of estrogen causes bleeding. Following annual review with GP I’ve been advised it’s not safe to this this as I’m not getting enough progesterone. Now moving me on to a 25mg estrogen only patch and separate progesterone.  Hate the thought of changing yet again!  Anyone with experience of being giving approval or otherwise of just using half patch?  Thanks.

Kathleen

Re: Half Patches
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 05:09:58 PM »

Hello AH10

In the past I was using Evorel 50 mcg patches which contained oestrogen and progesterone (noresthisterone).
My GP at the time told me that the patches had a matrix design so it was okay to cut them. 

I have since been using gel so I have no recent experience but perhaps check out  Newson Health or other websites for up to date information.

Wishing you well.

K.

AH10

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 07:51:57 PM »

Thanks Kathleen. The inconsistency amongst GP,s is very frustrating.  Appreciate your response.

Kat36

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 10:49:35 PM »

Hi AH10,
I think you’ve been given bad advice. My consultant had told me when I used to B take Evorel Conti that is fine to chop those.

AH10

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 09:31:20 AM »

Thanks Kat36 appreciate your response. As usual it’s up to us as individuals to research and decide best way forward  😀.

Fruitcake

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 12:50:48 PM »

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 08:42:56 PM »

OMG just when you think you've seen everything relating to HRT  ;D ;D ;D ;D

With patches, it is acceptable to cut pure estrogen-only patches up - but many doctors disapprove of cutting the combined patches because you are also reducing the progesterone, and we don't know if you would then be getting enough to oppose the estrogen because that reduced progesterone dose hasn't been used in studies/research yet.

That diagram refers to 'Everol' - which by itself, is the estrogen only patch. Everol Conti and Everol Sequi refer to the combined product which the OP is using.