Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT and Bleeding  (Read 568 times)

Louise Jay

• First Flush
HRT and Bleeding
« on: July 10, 2022, 05:10:36 PM »

Hello All,
            I have been taking Femoston 1/10 for about a year and it has helped with all my symptoms. Brain Fog, mood swings, achy joints, dry skin and hair. About three months ago the symptoms started to return. I also started to get spotting and had two periods in a month. I have contacted my GP and have now changed to Femoston 2/10. The brain fog and mood swings have gone again which is fantastic. The only thing is my period was much heavier this month. I hope I dont get another one this month but doing a bit of research bleeding can be caused by high estrogen so maybe I am having too much and increasing it will make it worse. To be honest if I had to trade I would take the heavy periods over the mood swings and brain fog. One heavy period a month will be okay but two will be harder to manage. I am fifty and in perimenopause. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thank you

VanillaLover

Re: HRT and Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 05:33:20 PM »

Hi, I have heavy periods anyway and last month I had a cycle length of 16 days (periods getting very irregular) - ie about 10 days between period finishing and next one starting. That period was much much lighter than my usual ones (though lasted as long). I think that even though you are on extra oestrogen, you might find that there simply isn’t time for the uterine lining to build up very much if you do have periods very close together. I think the only way to find out is to keep trying it - for at least three months.