Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Work and symptoms  (Read 640 times)

Mazm75

• First Flush
Work and symptoms
« on: July 05, 2022, 10:39:18 AM »

How do you manage your symptoms when at work? I am so tired and aching that I can't fully concentrate, and when I have my period it is so heavy I worry about leakages - I have had some when out in public so I try to arrange my diary around the days I know might be the worst. I am on HRT, but I honestly don't think it's helping much at the moment.

Bindi

Re: Work and symptoms
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 10:52:47 AM »

Im sry hun i carnt help you as im post meno but im sure someone will come along that can hun..im sry you are finding it difficult tho.. so good luck..meno disrupts our lives in so many ways its hard at times..on the upside i think women deserve so much more recognition for what we have to go thru  lol xx

Nas

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 04:17:58 PM »

Maybe contemplate a coil for the bleeding? It’s meant to lighten the flow over time and thin the lining out.

What HRT regime are you on? Maybe it needs tweaking or changing?
Are you low on iron by any chance?

Meno and work are hideous. I’m just about managing, but how much longer for, I have no idea!

X

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 05:16:21 PM »

I don’t know how people manage to be honest. I’m so lucky I chose a part time, term time only job where I can sit in my own room and suffer privately for a lot of the time! I understand why women give up jobs altogether around menopause.

I think if the HRT isn’t helping much (assuming you’ve given it plenty of time ie a few months), I agree with PP that maybe a higher dose or different type might be worth looking at ?

I am worse around the traditional pmt time too. HRT helps a lot but doesn’t totally eradicate the ups and downs for me.

Mazm75

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 07:58:06 PM »

I tried the coil, it didn't suit me at all, made me feel dreadful. So I am on gel and tablets combination. Have had blood tests which show all OK with iron levels etc. But still feeling shattered and brain fogged, and seriously dread each period as they have become heavier than ever, and I already suffered with heavy and irregular periods.
I think a gp chat about tweaking the hrt sounds like the way forwards...and yes I do totally now see why some choose to give up work, I have seriously considered it. Thanks for listening to me grumble 😀