Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri menapause  (Read 786 times)

Mazza

• First Flush
Peri menapause
« on: June 25, 2022, 07:02:43 PM »

Hi I'm 47 and recently been to see the doctor about my menstraul cycle. The Dr gave me an internal examination and said my cervix was very thin/thinning and prescribed me vaginflux. I think it has eased the vagina area and the doctor asked if I would like to try the patch , I have been keeping a menstraul cycle chart and have noticed that 10-14 days before my period is due I get heavy dull cramp pains,very tired and my anxiety elevates. I suffer with anxiety anyway and I think I will now try the patch. Another thing I have noticed is I dream alot around this time and wake up a bit sweaty.i am currently on sertraline and now and again I take diazepam for my anxiety. I was wondering if anybody else gets these symptoms and suffer with anxiety and if they are on the hrt patch and did it help with the anxiety.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Peri menapause
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 07:05:47 PM »

Hi!   :welcomemm:

Do U mean 'vagifem' for vaginal atrophy?  The idea is to use it every night for 2-3 weeks followed by as necessary: some fine that twice a week is enough treatment, others need it nightly.  It's a bit Trial and Error  ::) - we have threads on bladder issues and atrophy.

If your homones are still active then you may well have pre-period pains etc..  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful.

Browse round.

Mazza

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 07:25:46 PM »

Yeh sorry it's called vagirux same as vagifem. I'm on 10 micrograms for 2 weeks then I think I will try the hrt patch. I see it's for low levels of estradiol is that correct? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 07:57:33 PM »

Can't answer that question.  Some do require VA treatment and HRT delivered by patch ... or other methods.

Sheri

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 08:07:57 PM »

Hi Mazza, your the same age as me & I'm new to patches. I also get or got pretty bad anxiety about 14 days before periods, dizzy spells, fatigue but only got pains every other month.
Took awhile for me to feel effects of HRT but i feel much better.
I did notice today that i had PMS symptoms of fatigue, muscle aches, mild anxiety but mood stayed ok.
I am on progesterone & i do better on than i have done previously on estrogen. I have noticed though my physical symptoms before period has worsened since being on HRT but mental symptoms have improved. My periods are regular.

Sheri

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 08:09:32 PM »

And yes my dreams are also very, very vivid & i dream all night long. They're like watching movies & some can be disturbing whilst others are lovely comforting ones...if that makes sense

Marchlove

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 09:07:10 PM »

Dreams are good and a certain amount of recall even better,
It’s the minds way of processing the events of the day and putting them into prospective and memory for when needed.
I used to find dreams disturbing as the right side of my brain used to try and analyse them, but there’s really no need, it’s how it should be.

Sweet dreams xx