Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bloating/bleed  (Read 941 times)

Vicky81

Bloating/bleed
« on: June 19, 2022, 05:43:41 AM »

Hi all
So needing your expert advice here again...

My last bleed was 13th May while taking the patch and then provera. Had the bleed 2-3 days later.

Came off patches and started zoely pill on Tuesday 31st May and my last day taking it was 13hh June (to start marvelon as advised by clinic)

So since this time I've had the worst bloating (while on it and now off) my stomsch looks 9 months pregnant its awful. I'm getting all the signs that I'm due a bleed  - lower back aches,, womb twinges- which I really need as my recent internal scan showed 8mm lining thickness.

I'm just wondering is this bloating down to the hormones I was taking or because I'mong overdue a bleed/period?,

I've also worked out the progesterone mg of what I had taken up until finishing and it wasn't 50mg that provera provided over 10 days. So I took 2 provera just to try and aide this bleed.

Just a bit worried now that I don't get a bleed....

Vicky81

Re: Bloating/bleed
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 05:44:52 AM »

Sorry its meant to say "I'm long overdue" its this phone!

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 05:55:07 AM »

Sorry just to add i haven't started marvelon yet as I'm waiting to have this bleed first. I'm looking to start it day 4 of the bleed x

ElkWarning

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 07:08:23 AM »

I think I must be misunderstanding, because wouldn't the Provera be more likely to stop (rather than start) a bleed?

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 07:24:53 AM »

Hi I was thinking the same as ElkWarning that taking more Provera would stop a bleed rather than start it . x

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2022, 07:25:51 AM »

Hi Elk- sorry itd probably me!
I was thinking that maybe I took too little from the zoely in those 14 days to induce a bleed??
Not sure yiu see- so I added 2 provera xx

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2022, 07:28:33 AM »

And it was more the bloating that's troubling me .....as in is this from the hormones I was using or because this bleed has been building up?

ElkWarning

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2022, 07:41:05 AM »

Hopefully, someone will be along with more detailed advice, but if your aim was to induce a bleed, self-medicating with the Provera would achieve the exact opposite.

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 08:29:14 AM »

Yes I thought by adding a bit more it would be just about the same mg I took with provera.

I do know that its probably with held yhe bleed as it was a few days after I stopped zoely. As usually,, my bleed would come at least 4 days or before stopping but this time it hadnt.

But my main question really was the bloating issue xx