Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: HRT and Histamine issues / Urticaria / DHEA and Cortisol  (Read 27587 times)

joziel

Re: HRT allergic reaction? Histamine issues etc
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2022, 09:25:53 PM »

Can someone explain what a troche is?! 😂

Gilla999

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2022, 09:36:30 PM »

;D  ;D joziel it's another word for lozenge - they're kind of like milky lozenges that you put between the gum and the cheek or under the tongue and they dissolve. It is a weird word!!

Marchlove thanks for the tip - I'll hold off on doing the test till later in the week. Thanks for the info on DHEA - no I've never taken anything or know anything about it! Will wait to see what my test result says.

Crispy that's a shame you can't tolerate more - good that you can tolerate the cream though, how many mg is that?

CrispyChick

« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2022, 09:37:19 PM »

;D also called a lozenge. Waxy Square, well, mine are square, that melts bucally in the buccal area of mouth. I believe you can get vaginal troche too.

Google how to pronounce troche... I got hooked on that. 🤣🤣

CrispyChick

« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2022, 09:39:23 PM »

Oh. Gilla... My compounding pharmacist said under the tongue will absorb more like oral... So you might be best sticking to gum and cheek.

joziel

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2022, 09:45:55 PM »

Oh right, I know what you mean now  ;D

joziel

« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2022, 08:17:05 AM »

I had another pretty good night 🤭🥳 This is a new record, two good nights in a row…

The only thing remaining is this slight throbbing. I feel it mostly in my hands. It doesn’t last as long as it used to and it’s not as intense. And I think it’s no longer causing the palps, which is why I can sleep. But it does happen occasionally during the night.

I’m hoping it is going to go away totes. As I don’t want to be working out if it’s high blood pressure and what’s causing it etc…

Marchlove

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2022, 08:23:21 AM »

Gilla- I find it’s best to do the test on a Sunday when things are usually a bit calmer and you can pop in the post on the Monday.

Joziel- that’s good news re your sleep.

xx

ATB

« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2022, 08:53:17 AM »

Marchlove is that for bloods or saliva? Medi checks tell me same day to post samples back? I guess if it’s the cortisol saliva across the day, that’s a next day post isn’t it? I haven’t done one in a couple of years because that one was perfect results. It took 6 years of really bad cortisol results to get it right.

Marchlove

« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2022, 09:44:19 AM »

Hi ATB

That’s saliva (4 times a day), so I freeze them as soon as collected then post the next day.

The blood test only gives you a measurement for that point in time, which might be fine when you take it in the morning, then drop too much in the afternoon and then rise too much in the evening. Or totally the opposite of that! Everyone is different.

Yes ATB, it’s a quite a journey getting it right. Mine was pretty perfect in February then after getting covid in May my cortisol plummeted yet again.
X

ATB

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2022, 10:19:00 AM »

Oh I’m sorry to hear that Marchlove, I know how hard it is to get it right. I really hope it’s short lived for you. I’m hesitant to say in case I speak too soon but I don’t think my recent covid affected cortisol or sex hormones, at least I haven’t noticed anything- yet

Marchlove

« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2022, 10:42:55 AM »

Thank you ATB. I think you’d have noticed by now, so hopefully you’re through it unscathed. x

ATB

« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2022, 02:12:59 PM »

The only difference is both periods since are 4-5 days earlier than they should be. Did I read somewhere else that’s common?

Vicky81

« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2022, 05:05:47 PM »

Hi
So since I got covid 3 weeks ago my anxiety, fatigue, jitters have all got worse. Initially I blamed me starting the birth control pill ...but there's no way it's that after looking at the timeline.
After reading all your messages here I've just bedn chemist and bought loratadine antihistamines.
Could I benefit from the other supplements you mention...quercetin? DAO? I believe these are natural?
I could do with some help with this covid aftermath.
Thanks xxx

Marchlove

« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2022, 06:45:30 PM »

Hi Vicky

None of the symptoms you’ve said you have sound like histamine symptoms.
The main ones are things like
Runny nose
Sneezing
Red itchy eye
Rashes/hives
Itching

I think you are possibly on the wrong track about all if this, but please tell us if you think might be if relevance to you, so we can help you. x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2022, 06:57:08 PM »

Histamine is a funny thing though as I have mast cell and histamine issues and I don’t have any of the above symptoms. When my histamine is high I get hot flushes, anxiety, jitters and really irritable, stomach pain. I’ve had hives once after my first covid vaccine but aside from that no skin issues.

I guess it’s one of those things that can affect people so differently. Xx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18