Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: How long does withdrawal bleed last  (Read 690 times)

Margymoo

• First Flush
How long does withdrawal bleed last
« on: June 14, 2022, 02:44:27 PM »

Changed from continuous to 14 days on/off Utrogestan due to continual bleeding.  Bleeding stopped about 10 days after stopping continuous progesterone and the withdrawal bleed started on day 13 off Utrogestan (after the 14 day break).  How long does the bleeding usual last for?  On day 5 after stopping Utrogestan and still bleeding, not heavy and manageable.  Could this be due to settling issues or is it normal ?  Thanks for any responses, just trying to plan for future events etc

Hurdity

Re: How long does withdrawal bleed last
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 09:59:28 PM »

Hi Margymoo

If you are peri-menopausal then you may well bleed more unpredictably than otherwise. Also if your womb lining over-thickened while on continuous combined HRT. You haven't mentioned your oestrogen dose but if it is very high then the progesterone may not be a high enough dose though you are taking the correct duration. Are you taking 200 mg utrogestan which is the licensed amount?

You need to give it a few months to settle in any case especially if you were on conti HRT while still peri. Ditto if post-menopausal. However if anything about the bleeding causes you concern then do consult your doctor.

Hurdity x

Margymoo

• First Flush
Re: How long does withdrawal bleed last
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 06:39:15 AM »

Thanks for your response, I’m on 100 patchers, taking 200 mg progesterone orally and post menopause.  I guess I just need to be patient and let things settle.  Thanks again