Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Irregular bleeding on HRT.... is this normal?🙄  (Read 916 times)

Unicorn

Irregular bleeding on HRT.... is this normal?🙄
« on: June 14, 2022, 08:18:21 AM »

Hi there ladies 🥰

I'm 48 and in peri.  I have been on Sandrena gel and Utrogestan for about 3 and half months now.  I had my withdrawal bleed from Utrogestan about  12 days ago but I have awoken to a full on period 😖

Is this a proper rogue period? Or the HRT?  I haven't had this before being on the gel and Utro only the odd spotting for 1 day. 

Can someone shed some insight into this madness? Xxx
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 08:37:57 AM by Unicorn »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Irregular bleeding on HRT.... is this normal?🙄
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 08:27:45 AM »

Morning.  Hormones  >:(

MayB put the. name of the product into the search box. C what pops up, make notes?  Hopefully someone 1ill be along soon.

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 08:37:09 AM »

Hi CLKD 😘 how are you?

Thank you so much xxx

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 09:54:51 AM »

I would say rogue period! I’m 46 and cycles all over the shop. This last one 16 days. I assume annovulatory cycle. But who knows?
I also take utrogestan but don’t have a withdrawal bleed at all. My body is still in charge sadly.

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 10:27:29 AM »

Thank you VanillaLover! 🥰

When I think I know what's going on with this peri malarkey, something else weird crops up 😄🙄.  It explains a bit why my peri symptoms have come back a little maybe? It makes you a bit scared and worry about what is going to happen next.

I have a 3 month telephone follow up appointment next week, so I'll mention it to the GP (if she knows, who knows?!)

I have a few breakthrough peri symptoms which have lasted about 2 weeks now on and off, maybe my hormones are a swinging again....

Thanks again xxx

Freedomplease!

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 10:32:11 AM »

Hi Unicorn,

I'm the same age as you and peri too. I've been having 2 periods a month (with the occasional 3rd thrown in  :-\ ) since January but was moved from oestrogel onto the patch because of the HRT shortage. I have heard that around 'our' age this can happen, but I'm determined to try and resolve! Apparently my womb lining is borderline too thick so have a gynae appointment next week - I'm so sure it's just too high estrogen so am really hoping I can go back to the gel as the lower dose patch hasn't changed anything. Can't live with 2 or 3 periods a month (and often quite heavy!). I will keep you posted on my progress, but definitely speak to your doctor in case they need adjust doses. Good luck xx

joziel

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 12:57:41 PM »

I think anything goes with bleeding until at least 6 months on HRT so I'd just monitor and record it to tell your GP about but not be concerned yet...