Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hurdity Can I replace my evorel conti patch with femseven conti  (Read 1625 times)

Harebell

Hi Hurdity

Can I replace my 2 weeks evorel conti patch (I am on evorel sequi) with femseven conti. I have been waiting for the femseven sequi to be in stock.
I did get some femseven conti patches from the doctor a while back but have been reluctant to switch to constant progesterone.
I would like to change the progesterone part as I’m not great in the evorel conti part. Are they the same strengths.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Harebell
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:22:40 PM by Harebell »

Amerififer

Re: Can I replace my evorel conti patch with femseven conti
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 01:29:22 PM »

Newbie to HRT here myself..
Just a week into Everol Conti patches..

Found the below when i did a search..

What is difference between Evorel Conti and FemSeven Conti?
Image result for femseven conti
FemSeven Conti Patches administer a continuous dose of both oestrogen and progesterone and are changed weekly. Evorel Conti patches are another brand of HRT that contain the same active ingredients but need to be changed twice weekly

Hope that helps :)

joziel

Re: Can I replace my evorel conti patch with femseven conti
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 01:58:41 PM »

They have different progesterones but besides that, they are similar apart from one is changed twice weekly and the other weekly.

Hurdity

Re: Hurdity Can I replace my evorel conti patch with femseven conti
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 08:20:15 AM »

You can't compare the two progestogens because as joziel says, they are different, and will likely affect you differently. Also even though the estradiol dose is notionally the same ie 50 mcg per day, this is an average amount you may end up absorbing a different amount of oestrogen with the two patches as they are different sizes as well as different change times, but this may well only be minimal. The most important thing for you seems to be the progestogen so why not try it for a few cyces and see how you feel?

Hurdity x

Harebell

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 08:59:13 AM »

Thank you all for responses.

So Hurdity, can I actually just use the femseven conti patches that I have instead if the evorel conti patches and then use the evorel 50 patches for two weeks.

As I say I’m just wanting to try the different progesterone out.

Many thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »

Yes!

Hurdity x