Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Time to increase my HRT?  (Read 666 times)

Unicorn

Time to increase my HRT?
« on: June 10, 2022, 01:22:08 PM »

Hi lovely ladies! ❤

Not sure where to start really, but I'm 48 and been on 100 of sandrena gel daily and Utrogestan for 12 days every 15 days.  It'll be my 3rd month I've been taking this for.

There has certainly been gradual improvement in that I have a lot more 'normal' days where I am my usual, happy, productive self, which I am very grateful for.  But I still get periods of racing heart, palpitations, weepiness, hot face and anxiety and the feeling of being overwhelmed (I do have a very stressful life at the moment, but can usually cope fine).

I am not sure if there is a particular pattern and I certainly don't think it's the utrogestan.  Maybe I need an increase when I speak to my GP next?

I don't expect miracles but just wondering 8f these are blips or I need an increase?  Could someone advise?

Thank you so much ❤️
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 04:18:56 PM by Unicorn »

Unicorn

Re: Time to up my HRT?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 02:48:44 PM »

Can anyone advise at all? Xx

Nas

Re: Time to increase my HRT?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 08:40:42 PM »

Hi Unicorn,
100 of sandrena. Do you mean 1mg or more?

The fact that over the 3 months, you have noticed an improvement in your symptoms, is good. Maybe try increasing an extra quarter of a sachet, to see how you feel even better? 

Don’t underestimate the impact which your stressful life may be having on how you are feeling also. I think menopause can be a time to re-evaluate and reflect on our lives. Sometimes we just need to slow down a little, to allow the body to  function with the new hormones it is receiving ( if that makes sense?)

:) x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 10:50:48 PM »

I would wait til the end of the 3rd month and see how you feel then. My anxiety and insomnia took the full 3 months to go.

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 11:18:29 PM »

Thank you ladies ❤ sorry Nas, I meant 1mg 😄

I must admit, I can certainly see an improvement which is good and I can function a lot better.... the pounding heart and anxiety is cyclical I think (im not sure if it has a particular pattern though).

I'm now at the end of my 3 months on it.... just.  It just worries me that I'll go back to square 1 of not having any good days 😁.

I'll speak to the GP when she phones in 2 weeks.... she said there was scope to increase.  Just wondering if it would improve further on same dose? X thanks again ladies ❤
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 11:26:10 PM by Unicorn »