Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Blood test results - worried  (Read 779 times)

Vicky81

Blood test results - worried
« on: June 09, 2022, 08:34:48 AM »

Hi all,

Just had my hormone blood results back from Medichecks and my Oestrogen has come down again to 278. Previous were 679, 623, 325 now 278. (since April - sporadically tested)

Whats worrying me the most is the progesterone 0.2! the Dr Wrote on report this is very low.

Just for reference i started the contraceptive pill (ZOELY) 10 days ago.

Is this something i should be really worried about? I already have a full thyroid profile test booked in with Medichecks on the 23rd, and also a thyroid scan the same day (to rule anything out)

Vicky xxx

CrispyChick

Re: Blood test results - worried
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 08:41:16 AM »

Very common in peri Vicky. Your prog does drop first. My stats read similar.

Not a well discused phenomenon in the UK. But its common in the states and Europe to supplement with only natural prog.

You're now on the pill though - so I think that test is now irrelevant as the pill is balanced for optimum dose of both hormones.

Are you feeling any better today?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 08:47:02 AM »

Hi I agree with CrispyChick.

As you are still in peri menopause your homone levels will rise and fall naturally during a cycle and so levels of hormones don't really tell you anything.

And now you're taking a contraceptive pill the tests are irrelevant.

You need to forget constant testing and just give the pill time to work.  Unfortunately it won't be an instant fix and you've just got to be patient.  Improvements will be gradual until one day you realise that symptoms are missing or improving. x

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 09:03:21 AM »

Thanks both for getting back to me.
I just worry about everything ...thinking "am i doing enough/the right thing etc"

This is the first time i chose a test that included progesterone...so i guess i should have done this months ago to maybe see a pattern??

I feel better today, mood is good, just tired as not slept as well, low level anxiety STILL there which i hate.

xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 09:11:41 AM »

That's progress Vicky.

Honestly, you've never said before you've had a better day. This is new. I'm still struggling to find my solution 4 1/2 years in. I never have a good day.  >:(

You're getting progress. Stick with it. Get your head in the mindset of sticking it out for 3 months. If this pill does not work, you can easily swap to an alternative combined pill later on. X

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 09:23:32 AM »

Hi Vicky I know exactly how you feel as I’ve been there. And I know how awful it is.

Do you keep a diary ? I kept a diary of symptoms….just short notes. And gradually I noticed that the symptoms were getting better until one day I realised that I hadn’t written anything in it for a few days . It really helped me as I could see my progress and could see how things were improving.

Or have you filled in a questionnaire called the Greene Climacteric Scale ?
(Link below )
https://assets.jeanhailes.org.au/Health-professionals/Menopause_symptom_scale_Greene_Climacteric.pdf
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 09:25:09 AM by Dotty »

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 09:44:37 AM »

Crispy - awww bless ya! I really do hope you find the solution. What seems to be troubling you the most? I have changed AD to Duloxetine as this is a different class to your normal bog standard SSRI and its seems to be helping somewhat.

Dotty - Yes i have kept a mood/symptoms and medications journal since January. I havent filled in the Greene scale but will take a look - thanks xxxx