Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: newbie and unsure  (Read 580 times)

Alifpb

• First Flush
newbie and unsure
« on: June 08, 2022, 10:41:24 AM »

im 56 and so far dont seem to have much in the may of symptoms. no periods for 24 yrs....heaven. but lately feeling depressed, even tho life wise im in a fairly good place....lack of sleep worse than ever, hair loss, and biggy libido is zero.

friend suggested i mention to gp.....so been put on low dose premique   not taking much in otherways of meds.

been on them 6 weeks....nothing, but i assume im being inpatient???

just wondered others thoughts, should i try something else, go back to gp at some point ??

Sheri

Re: newbie and unsure
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 12:19:27 PM »

I can't offer any advice but hope you find something that helps.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 12:20:08 PM »

Hello Alifpb. Welcome to the forum. I know they say it can take 3 months to know if HRT is going to help but I think you should go back to your GP.

ATB

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »

Hi and welcome. I have not heard of your type of HRT before, so not sure if it’s still meant to take up to 3 months to really make a difference as most others are. But you should mention maybe to your GP.

ange63

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 01:01:15 PM »

Hi Alifpbb - I wouldn't say you have no symptoms with the items you list.  Im 59 (5 years post meno) this week and  I was like you and thought going through it ok - difficult at times but ok.    Then symptoms got worse 6 months ago.    So you addressing it now may be a wise move.   See if your HRT helps.  If not back to GP.   Don't forget also other health issues can crop up at our age that need to be investigated. Keep in touch with this forum as well as there is so much experience that is shared.   Take care.