Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing patch that's come off  (Read 609 times)

Sheri

Changing patch that's come off
« on: June 05, 2022, 03:44:45 PM »

My conti patch has half come off. I'm due to change to the estrogen one only tomorrow. I change my patch at 6am. I feel it would be a waste of a conti patch to use just for a few hours so thinking, whether i should stick a plaster over it or take it off & put the estrogen patch on.
Will a day early matter much? Or should i stick with the plaster on top idea? I'm on my period, started this morning, if that helps.

Flossieteacake

Re: Changing patch that's come off
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 07:07:25 PM »

When my patches come off, I change the day I am meant to change them. You do not need to stick to your usual days if your patch comes off. I agree with you that is would be a waste.

ATB

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 07:50:27 PM »

I don’t know it would matter much for a short time but I had to put a plaster over my patch just yesterday as for the first time it was coming off. I was not sure if that was the right thing to do!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 09:05:22 PM »

As you're on your period you don't actually need the conti patch now anyway and for the sake of a few hours I don't think it matters what you do. I think I'd change to the oestrogen one as you'll get a smaller dose if it's only half stuck down.