Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Flooding  (Read 1266 times)

Michele

Flooding
« on: June 04, 2022, 09:44:36 AM »

Hi Ladies,
I had a bowel op two weeks ago and since then I’ve had really heavy bleeding and a UTI and chronic coccyx pain. I’ve contacted hospital and they say that the bleeding and coccyx pain is not connected in any way to my bowel op and although things seem closer together to us in our bodies actually as far surgery goes they are five miles apart.
My UTI is improving but the pain and especially the bleeding is getting worse. I saw my gp for an urgent app’t on Wednesday and she referring me to hospital on a two week urgent pathway for further investigation. This morning I’ve woke, I’ve bled so much it’s gone through my bed sheets etc and everytime I move around I can feel it, so I’m spending more and more time sitting on the loo. I dread to think how many pads I’ve gone through in the last couple of weeks. I’m so, sorry from the too much information side of things ladies, but I just need some advice. I’m on painkillers and I’m using a plug in heat pad and having warming baths, I just need to reach out. Thank you.

Michele

Re: Flooding
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 09:48:13 AM »

Sorry I should have mentioned that I’m post menopausal and I’ve had scans about four years including an mri scan that showed that my ovary’s are completely shrivelled.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 11:23:59 AM »

Hi Michele. This sounds very frightening for you and it's no wonder you are concerned. Had you had any bleeding at all before the bowel op and do you mind sharing which type of bowel op you had?

If you are flooding more now and bleeding through heavy duty pads then maybe a call to 111 would be advisable. Also did your doc examine you at all? I take it you're not on HRT.

Taz x  :hug:

Michele

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »

Hi Taz,
Thank you for your reply. I had a couple of growths removed last years, pre-cancerous ones and a couple of growths removed two weeks ago. Yes dr gave me an internal and said cervix looked clear, so bleeding would be coming from further up.
Yes I’m on hrt patches. Dr said if it gets worse to call 111 or go to A&E however I don’t want to be standing in A&E for 13 odd hours, as I still can’t sit down from the op.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »

Did the bleeding start soon after the op? If it did I wouldn't wait for a fortnight, I personally would go to A&E but you could ring 111 first and see what they say (crib sheet not medically trained though). It seems too much of a coincidence for me. If you go to A&E first thing in the morning the queue should be shorter. It's always possible something happened during surgery and if there's a lot of blood imo you should be checked. I don't want to alarm you but our builder died after a bowel op and he ignored blood in his stool afterwards. If he'd gone back to hospital he'd still be alive.

Michele

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 12:31:40 PM »

Hi Sandra,
Yes the bleeding started same day as the op, at first I wasn’t sure where it was all coming from, I wrongly assumed it was all rectal from the op.
I’m so sorry to hear about your builder, gosh that’s very scary indeed.